Author Topic: How SEAL Team 6's mastery of a risky infiltration method sets it apart from other US special operat  (Read 212 times)

rangerrebew

Business Insider
How SEAL Team 6's mastery of a risky infiltration method sets it apart from other US special operators

In the early-morning hours of October 31, members of SEAL Team 6 descended on a site in northern Nigeria to rescue an American held hostage there.

Navy SEAL Team 6 and the Army's Delta Force are the main special-operations units for hostage-rescue missions, but the SEALs have a specific tactic that sets them apart.

Early on Saturday, October 31, commandos from SEAL Team 6 rescued an American hostage who had been abducted by criminals in northern Nigeria.

The SEAL operators conducted a free-fall parachute jump close to the target and then silently approached where the kidnappers were holding Philipe Nathan Walton. All but one of the kidnappers were killed in the ensuing firefight, and Walton was freed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-seal-team-6s-mastery-of-a-risky-infiltration-method-sets-it-apart-from-other-us-special-operators/ar-BB1aEV0H

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Business Insider
How SEAL Team 6's mastery of a risky infiltration method sets it apart from other US special operators

In the early-morning hours of October 31, members of SEAL Team 6 descended on a site in northern Nigeria to rescue an American held hostage there.

Navy SEAL Team 6 and the Army's Delta Force are the main special-operations units for hostage-rescue missions, but the SEALs have a specific tactic that sets them apart.

Early on Saturday, October 31, commandos from SEAL Team 6 rescued an American hostage who had been abducted by criminals in northern Nigeria.

The SEAL operators conducted a free-fall parachute jump close to the target and then silently approached where the kidnappers were holding Philipe Nathan Walton.
All but one of the kidnappers were killed in the ensuing firefight, and Walton was freed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-seal-team-6s-mastery-of-a-risky-infiltration-method-sets-it-apart-from-other-us-special-operators/ar-BB1aEV0H

@rangerrebew

Uhhhhh,USA SF teams were pulling off night HALO jumps into the jungles of Laos in the late 1960's. I personally knew some of the people involved. Even called one of the phone once I found out he had been on the first team,and asked him "What the HELL were you thinking?"

If there is anything more dangerous than a night jump into the jungle in an entire area controlled by the enemy,I have no idea what it would be. Especially back then,when night vision equipment was a joke.

MSG Billy Waugh is the one that came up with,developed this plan,and found the volunteers. He was in charge of equipment procurement and training. IIRC,he was flying in the C-130 when the teams jumped.

He was a VERY good man to avoid. My plan if I saw him headed my way was to scream like a woman and run for my life.

Billy Waugh's idea of a "good deal" was VERY different than mine.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!