Author Topic: Are Permits Being Delayed On Purpose?  (Read 562 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Are Permits Being Delayed On Purpose?
« on: November 05, 2020, 12:08:35 am »
Not everyone buys a gun with the intention of carrying it. Many do, of course, but many others buy a gun for keeping at home. They seem to think that’s the only time they’ll face danger or whatever.

However, regardless of why they do it, the bulk of most gun owners at least consider carrying a firearm.

With gun sales surging this year, one would think carry permits would surge as well. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be happening, and some are thinking that’s because of shenanigans.

Reports from around the country reveal that a number of state and local agencies are not approving concealed-carry permit applications in a timely fashion. In some cases, the delays are well past the time frames written into the application laws. The states and agencies that work with providing these services have generally blamed the same thing for the slowdowns: COVID-19 and associated problems with staffing.

As John Lott has documented at the Crime Prevention Research Center, the number of concealed-carry permits increased every year over the last decade through 2019. With the boom in gun sales this year, especially among first-time firearms owners, one would assume a surge in new carry permits, too. Instead, the number of new carry permits for 2020 has declined compared to past years.

“There is a simple reason that concealed handgun permits have not increased as much as gun sales: many states stopped issuing new permits for many months because of the [COVID-19] virus,” Lott reported.

In Michigan, for example, FOX2 Detroit found that concealed-carry applicants in Wayne County have experienced approval wait times up to nine months in length.

To give a specific example in Michigan, Kristal Hunt, who says she needs some protection, took the state’s required Concealed Pistol License class and filled out the necessary paperwork. But for the application to be finalized, Hunt and others must have a face-to-face appointment with a county official. Hunt recently received her appointment date—for July 2021!

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2020/11/04/permits-being-delayed-on-purpose/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=permits-being-delayed-on-purpose&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Are Permits Being Delayed On Purpose?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 01:02:51 am »
If we have to carry and our country is so, OUT OF CONTROL, to do this, I doubt people 'care' about getting a permit.

I took lessons, bought a gun, gun cleaning kit, head protectors & glasses,  then another $160.00 to take the training. Then whatever a permit costs.  At that time, it was bit much. I got a gun to protect home & myself, when we had a gang of 15, pushing doors down to rape, beat up & steal from people. I was going to go out fighting.  This grannie does not like 'victim' mentality for myself. Hollow point 9MM. 

I am sure all is done, to slow the process.   We should 'follow the law', with ANARCHISTS WANTING TO KILL US?  I laugh. Ha!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 01:11:31 am »
I will never have a permit. No sense in letting them know.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 01:19:55 am »

I understand that completely...but it's just not in me while things are relatively sane to not have my permits...maybe it's too many years in the Army and obeying the regs or it's just in my DNA that I'm a las and order kind of person...I will obey the laws right up to the time it's necessary to not obey the laws.

Sadly I think that time is coming sooner than later.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 01:23:51 am »

I understand, a permit is a paper trail that corrupt governments will find and pursue.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 01:26:09 am »
I understand that completely...but it's just not in me while things are relatively sane to not have my permits...maybe it's too many years in the Army and obeying the regs or it's just in my DNA that I'm a las and order kind of person...I will obey the laws right up to the time it's necessary to not obey the laws.

Sadly I think that time is coming sooner than later.

Only two of my guns are registered and bought over the counter. And when called for, I will surrender them... But only them. As to the rest, CCW is kinda easy to get around here... So in both cases, I am keeping to the law, and not a permit one. I realize I have it better than in most states... but the principle remains the same... And if you wait till the time comes, you'll be way too late.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 01:27:20 am »

:thumbsup: