Author Topic: ‘There’s no reason to play games’: Trump signals he won’t try to declare victory prematurely  (Read 128 times)

Online libertybele

‘There’s no reason to play games’: Trump signals he won’t try to declare victory prematurely

By Quint Forgey
Tue, November 3, 2020, 8:58 AM EST

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would declare himself the winner of the 2020 election “only when there’s victory,” acknowledging that “there’s no reason to play games.”

The remarks from the president came in the morning hours of Election Day in an interview on “Fox & Friends,” during which he was asked when exactly he planned on declaring victory over Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

“When there’s victory. If there’s victory,” Trump responded. “I think we’ll have victory. I think the polls are, you know, suppression polls. And I think we’ll have victory. But only when there’s victory. I mean, you know, there’s no reason to play games. And I think we’ll have victory.”

Democrats have warned in recent weeks that Trump could seek to distort the results of the election and take advantage of delays in the reporting of vote counts, which are expected to take longer to process due to the expansion of mail-in balloting amid the coronavirus pandemic..........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-reason-play-games-trump-135828161.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.