Author Topic: New York Is In A Financial Tailspin, Millions Are Suffering. Why Shouldn’t Billionaires Pay More Ta  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

New York Is In A Financial Tailspin, Millions Are Suffering. Why Shouldn’t Billionaires Pay More Taxes?
By Christopher Robbins  and  Sydney Pereira
Oct. 29, 2020 12:17 p.m.

Before the pandemic, Sergio Ajche could earn as much as $200 a day as a roofer. Now he mostly makes a living on his bicycle, working for tips through food delivery apps. On a good shift, Ajche said he can make $100, but other days he goes home with $5.

Ajche and his wife aren’t able to file for state unemployment, and they weren’t eligible for the $1,200 stimulus checks or the $600 a week federal benefits.

“We know that’s because of our immigration status that we don't get relief, but also that makes us feel like we have no choice but to take the risk and look for work,” Ajche told Gothamist.

For Ajche’s wife, who is a babysitter, that meant spending four months away at a vacation home with her employers, who insisted that she quarantine with their children.

https://champ.gothamist.com/champ/gothamist/news/new-york-billionaires-tax-fiscal-crisis-budget-ultrarich-nyc

Offline PeteS in CA

1. "Progressive" income tax rates schemes are theft by government, IMO.

2. States that have implemented soak-the-"rich" tax rate and surtax schemes have learned the hard way that "rich" people just move elsewhere when their threshold of tax-pain is crossed.

Ajche and his wife aren’t able to file for state unemployment, and they weren’t eligible for the $1,200 stimulus checks or the $600 a week federal benefits.

“We know that’s because of our immigration status that we don't get relief, but also that makes us feel like we have no choice but to take the risk and look for work,” Ajche told Gothamist.

Does "our immigration status" mean they are here illegally? Or their visa doesn't allow them to work? In either case, zero sympathy from me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
We have no choice but to take the risk....

FMR
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

1. "Progressive" income tax rates schemes are theft by government, IMO.

2. States that have implemented soak-the-"rich" tax rate and surtax schemes have learned the hard way that "rich" people just move elsewhere when their threshold of tax-pain is crossed.

Does "our immigration status" mean they are here illegally? Or their visa doesn't allow them to work? In either case, zero sympathy from me.
Any tax is theft by government, unless there is a justifiable reason to do so.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington