Author Topic: Coons: ‘Hundreds’ of Trump’s Lower Court Judges Shouldn’t ‘Be Allowed to Sit Peaceably’  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Hoodat

Coons: ‘Hundreds’ of Trump’s Lower Court Judges Shouldn’t ‘Be Allowed to Sit Peaceably’

Ian Hanchett   |   26 Oct 2020

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” Senate Judiciary Committee member Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) said that there should be a “wide-open conversation” on rebalancing the courts, including the circuit and district courts, where there are “hundreds” of judges who shouldn’t “be allowed to sit peaceably without our re-examining the process, the results, and the consequences.”

Coons said, “[W]e’ve got to have a wide-open conversation about how do we rebalance our courts. Yes, the two Supreme Court [seats] that have been stolen through these processes that are just wildly hypocritical have been used to jam through partisan nominees. But we’ve got to look at our federal courts as a whole, Rachel.  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/26/coons-hundreds-of-trumps-lower-court-judges-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-sit-peaceably/

Spoken like a true fascist.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

The Secret Service or Federal Marshals need to "interview" Sen. Coons, asking him whether he was making a threat or proposing unconstitutional action.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

Coons is a typical  Dem politician i.e. trash who never should have been allowed anywhere near the levers of power in government.
There isn't one Dem pol in Congress with a shred of integrity.

Offline skeeter

The Secret Service or Federal Marshals need to "interview" Sen. Coons, asking him whether he was making a threat or proposing unconstitutional action.

I dunno if you're being serious, but this seditious talk has got to be seen for the grave threat it is. What it is not is political speech protected by the Constitution.

Offline PeteS in CA

I dunno if you're being serious, but this seditious talk has got to be seen for the grave threat it is. What it is not is political speech protected by the Constitution.

I was quite serious. Coons' comment could very reasonably be construed as a thread of violence. And at best he advocated an unconstitutional action against constitutionally nominated and confirmed justices.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

What congressmen say on the floor of the senate or house is fully protected speech. They could say lies, slander or even advocate anarchy or communism, literally anything they say is constitutionally, specifically  protected as members of congress.

But, as far as I know, if they say it outside the walls of the chamber, they can be held liable for threats of violence or for libel. If there’s any constitutional scholars on this board they are free to correct me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Like I said on the ACB thread...the Dems and their militia aren't going to let Justice Barrett or it appears other lower court judges have a moments peace.

What he did with that statement is send out a dog whistle to all the Antifa and BLM thugs to go after any and all judges Trump has appointed.

All 219 so far.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Coons: ‘Hundreds’ of Trump’s Lower Court Judges Shouldn’t ‘Be Allowed to Sit Peaceably’

Ian Hanchett   |   26 Oct 2020

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” Senate Judiciary Committee member Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) said that there should be a “wide-open conversation” on rebalancing the courts, including the circuit and district courts, where there are “hundreds” of judges who shouldn’t “be allowed to sit peaceably without our re-examining the process, the results, and the consequences.”

Coons said, “[W]e’ve got to have a wide-open conversation about how do we rebalance our courts. Yes, the two Supreme Court [seats] that have been stolen through these processes that are just wildly hypocritical have been used to jam through partisan nominees. But we’ve got to look at our federal courts as a whole, Rachel.  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/26/coons-hundreds-of-trumps-lower-court-judges-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-sit-peaceably/

Spoken like a true fascist.

@Hoodat

Which is PRECISELY what the Dims are,even though most are so ignorant/miseducated that they don't know what fascism is or what it stands for.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@PeteS in CA

They won't because they know it could/would negatively affect their funding come next fiscal year.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What congressmen say on the floor of the senate or house is fully protected speech. They could say lies, slander or even advocate anarchy or communism, literally anything they say is constitutionally, specifically  protected as members of congress.

But, as far as I know, if they say it outside the walls of the chamber, they can be held liable for threats of violence or for libel. If there’s any constitutional scholars on this board they are free to correct me.

I believe you are 100% correct @aligncare and in a just world Senator Coons would be in big trouble about now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Exactly..Coon's words are gonna get someone killed...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Exactly..Coon's words are gonna get someone killed...

I’m more concerned about what the democrats have done the last four years to destabilize America than any threat from a foreign power. Disgusting that it should come to this in America.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
What kind of low life allows his 10 year old daughter to be molested in public like this?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 06:20:27 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

This is why I voted straight (R) ticket for the first time in a while.  The dems have lost their minds.

Offline aligncare

This is why I voted straight (R) ticket for the first time in a while.  The dems have lost their minds.

Over the years I have had my issues with the republicans. In fact, I switched my registration to independent after Trump was elected, while many republicans cowered in the corner rather than stepping up and fighting for their president, the head of their party, against the democrats blatant lie that Trump betrayed America and colluded with the Russians to win election.

But, I came back home to the Republicans early this year after the democrats lost their minds over the Floyd incident and started supporting BLM and antifa attacks on America, and not ONE democrat spoke out against the violence and anarchy.

This year has seen a refocusing on the differences between the democrats and republicans and now I call myself a proud conservative Republican again—due in part to what Trump has done to reshape the republicans’ core message.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

I have voted for zero democrats in 44 years.  When dims ran unopposed, (which was almost always, pre-Reagan).....  I left it blank.

BTW.. Back in 1975 when I registered Republican, I was told I was the 5th in the history of the county.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Over the years I have had my issues with the republicans. In fact, I switched my registration to independent after Trump was elected, while many republicans cowered in the corner rather than stepping up and fighting for their president, the head of their party, against the democrats blatant lie that Trump betrayed America and colluded with the Russians to win election.

But, I came back home to the Republicans early this year after the democrats lost their minds over the Floyd incident and started supporting BLM and antifa attacks on America, and not ONE democrat spoke out against the violence and anarchy.

This year has seen a refocusing on the differences between the democrats and republicans and now I call myself a proud conservative Republican again—due in part to what Trump has done to reshape the republicans’ core message.
If I'm being attacked I'll pick up anything availble at the moment - a stick, a rock, a squirrel - to defend myself. Republicans are the only effective vessels for use against the rats so I'll use em.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 07:46:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

I have voted for zero democrats in 44 years.  When dims ran unopposed, (which was almost always, pre-Reagan).....  I left it blank.

BTW.. Back in 1975 when I registered Republican, I was told I was the 5th in the history of the county.

Gads, are you sure you didn't mean 1875?

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Gads, are you sure you didn't mean 1875?

Was surprised myself.  That's what level of strangle hold the dims had on the south for so long

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Was surprised myself.  That's what level of strangle hold the dims had on the south for so long

Well, before the 1960's registering as a Republican was a killin' offense.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

I’m more concerned about what the democrats have done the last four years to destabilize America than any threat from a foreign power. Disgusting that it should come to this in America.

Yes. JFK wanted this and LBJ & Teddy made it a law.  Hart/Celler act 1965. Not everyone assimilates and becomes 'American". 
 :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Isn't it funny about words......
---------------------------------------------------------------
A Scottsdale man was arrested on Saturday after a viral video posted on social media showed him telling a Black man that he was in a "no (N-word) zone."

Andre Abram, who goes by LILAJDRE on Instagram and YouTube, was preparing to record a video in Old Town Scottsdale when a man, later identified as Paul Ng, took photos of him and approached him to ask what he was doing in the area.

Abram began recording, and Ng said "I'm a racist" and that Abram shouldn't be in the area "because this is a no (N-word) zone."
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 045475002/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Isn't it funny about words......
---------------------------------------------------------------
A Scottsdale man was arrested on Saturday after a viral video posted on social media showed him telling a Black man that he was in a "no (N-word) zone."

Andre Abram, who goes by LILAJDRE on Instagram and YouTube, was preparing to record a video in Old Town Scottsdale when a man, later identified as Paul Ng, took photos of him and approached him to ask what he was doing in the area.

Abram began recording, and Ng said "I'm a racist" and that Abram shouldn't be in the area "because this is a no (N-word) zone."

I've been to Old Town Scottsdale a few times, @LegalAmerican!

Your link doesn't work again.  See this?

It's a "truncated URL," meaning characters are missing, and have been replaced with the ellipses between "/news/lo ... 054" etc.  There is no way to get to the article by clicking the link above.

This is how you fix it:  Open a tab with the article you're quoting.  At the top of the window there is a long box with the URL we need in order to make the link in the Post.  If you click on it once, it highlights the whole link.  Hit "<CNTL> C" to copy it to your clipboard.  Paste it into your posting box.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

I've been to Old Town Scottsdale a few times, @LegalAmerican!

Your link doesn't work again.  See this?

It's a "truncated URL," meaning characters are missing, and have been replaced with the ellipses between "/news/lo ... 054" etc.  There is no way to get to the article by clicking the link above.

This is how you fix it:  Open a tab with the article you're quoting.  At the top of the window there is a long box with the URL we need in order to make the link in the Post.  If you click on it once, it highlights the whole link.  Hit "<CNTL> C" to copy it to your clipboard.  Paste it into your posting box.

I am always in trouble.  Makes me feel right at home. Ha!  Got the link from another site, where it does work.  How is the below?

https://www.azcentral
.com/story/news/local
/scottsdale-breaking/
2020/10/27/video-shows
-scottsdale-man-telling
-black-man-no
-n-word-zone/
6045475002/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale-breaking/2020/10/27/video-shows-scottsdale-man-telling-black-man-no-n-word-zone/6045475002/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am always in trouble.  Makes me feel right at home. Ha!  Got the link from another site, where it does work.  How is the below?

https://www.azcentral
.com/story/news/local
/scottsdale-breaking/
2020/10/27/video-shows
-scottsdale-man-telling
-black-man-no
-n-word-zone/
6045475002/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale-breaking/2020/10/27/video-shows-scottsdale-man-telling-black-man-no-n-word-zone/6045475002/

Perfect!!!  Muy bueno!  *chef's kiss*

I will NOT comply.