Author Topic: The joy of a Trump rally  (Read 89 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The joy of a Trump rally
« on: October 27, 2020, 01:30:13 pm »
The joy of a Trump rally
by Timothy P. Carney, Senior Columnist |
 | October 27, 2020 02:18 AM

MARTINSBURG, Pa. -- When I saw the U.S. Marine Corps Osprey aircraft fly in, one after another, followed by two Marine choppers including Marine One, I honestly took some offense. This is all spectacle, and frankly inappropriate.

Sure, the President needs protection, but here he was obviously deploying federal resources — worse, military resources — to provide a partisan show for his supporters in a purely political event.

And at that moment, when "Fortunate Son" started blaring, I couldn't help but dwell on all the arch tweets by my journalist colleagues about President Trump’s fondness for this song.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-joy-of-a-trump-rally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: The joy of a Trump rally
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 10:12:41 pm »
I attended a Trump rally in 2016, down in Macon, GA.  It was estimated the crowd was upwards of 70,000 people at an airport hangar and surrounding land.  It was exciting, literally electric the whole day. 

We had to park two miles away and walk to the airport.  The line was perhaps a mile long to get into the facility.  Everything about the day was exciting.  If you have not attended a Trump rally, I encourage you to do so.  It was a life event for me.

We had a great day!