Author Topic: Hurricane "Zeta" makes landfall in Yucatan, heads toward U.S. Gulf Coast  (Read 465 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Watchers by Teo Blašković on October 27, 2020

Hurricane "Zeta" made landfall along the northeast coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico near Ciudad Chemuyil around 04:00 UTC on October 27, 2020. The storm had estimated maximum winds of 130 km/h (80 mph), making it a category one hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

•   NHC forecasters expect tropical storm conditions to continue in portions of the northern Yucatan Peninsula through this morning (LT). Heavy rainfall is expected across the Yucatan Peninsula, the Cayman Islands, and western Cuba today, which could lead to flash flooding in urban areas.

•   Zeta is forecast to approach the northern Gulf Coast on Wednesday and make landfall late Wednesday or Wednesday night (LT/CDT) at or near hurricane strength.

At the time of landfall, Zeta's center was located about 25 km (15 miles) NNE of Tulum, Mexico, and was moving NW at 20 km/h (13 mph). The storm brought strong winds and heavy rain to the Yucatan Peninsula, along with a storm surge 0.6 - 1.2 m (2 - 4 feet) above normal tides.

By 09:00 UTC today, Zeta was located about 140 km (85 miles) ESE of Progreso, Mexico, and about 905 km (560 miles) S of the mouth of the Mississippi River.
Maximum sustained winds decreased to 110 km/h (70 mph) while minimum central pressure rose to 984 hPa (from 977 hPa at 04:00 UTC).

More: https://watchers.news/2020/10/27/hurricane-zeta-yucatan-landfall-gulf-coast-landfall-forecast/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Hurricane "Zeta" makes landfall in Yucatan, heads toward U.S. Gulf Coast
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 11:52:28 am »
Record-Breaking 2020: Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards has declared a state of emergency ahead of hurricane Zeta's landfall: Hurricane Zeta is the 27th named storm, this is the seventh time Louisiana has faced the threat of tropical storms or hurricanes this season.

The Big Wobble by  Gary Walton 10/27/2020

http://www.thebigwobble.org/2020/10/record-breaking-2020-louisiana-governor.html

Credit NOAA

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards has declared a state of emergency ahead of hurricane Zeta's landfall. Tropical Storm Zeta strengthened to become a Category 1 hurricane on Monday, according to the US National Hurricane Center (NHC). Today, I declared a state of emergency in advance of Hurricane #Zeta. Now is the time for all Louisianans to prepare", Edwards said on Twitter on Monday.

The NHC said late on Monday that Zeta was expected to make landfall within hours, over the northern Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, with hurricane conditions and a dangerous storm surge. Zeta's northwestward motion is expected to continue for the next day. Zeta is expected to approach the northern Gulf Coast on Wednesday, making landfall in Louisiana on Wednesday night.

Zeta will intensify into a hurricane and first make landfall in Yucatan, then head into the Gulf for the 11th landfall of a tropical system in the United States mainland next week. It has been less than three weeks since Hurricane Delta made landfall in Louisiana. Zeta is the 27th named storm of 2020, a new record, this is the seventh time Louisiana has faced the threat of tropical storms or hurricanes.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:19:21 pm »
Louisiana.....   The new Florida.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 04:00:09 am »
Yesterday we evacuated the Gulf.  This evening, we evacuated Lafourche Parish.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 12:07:48 pm »
Hurricane Zeta Tracker: Projected Path, Satellite, Timing and More
weather.com
3 hours ago

Heading bullseye straight for New Orleans.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2020-10-26-tropical-storm-hurricane-zeta-tracker
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:08:43 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 12:25:48 pm »
So....this is the 27th "named" storm of the season.  "Zeta" is the 6th letter of the Greek alphabet, so what letter names were skipped?  Q?  X?  Then what?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 12:52:56 pm »
So....this is the 27th "named" storm of the season.  "Zeta" is the 6th letter of the Greek alphabet, so what letter names were skipped?  Q?  X?  Then what?

Q, U, X, Y and Z were not used

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 08:40:01 pm »
Q, U, X, Y and Z were not used
Well that sucks, no storms named after my middle name and I would have loved for them to the storm QAnon just to see the lefts heads explode.