Author Topic: 2020 presidential election ballots cast so far  (Read 413 times)

Offline libertybele

2020 presidential election ballots cast so far
« on: October 26, 2020, 05:54:44 pm »
Take a look at the number of votes already cast in TX. Since the DEMS number of mail-in votes are significantly higher than GOP, I'm deeply concerned that TX may go Biden.  Someone posted yesterday that TX has already been projected a Biden win by someone from 538.

2020 presidential election ballots cast so far

Many Americans are voting early in the 2020 presidential election amid concerns regarding the coronavirus pandemic and U.S. Postal Service timing.

More than 59 million total ballots cast as of Monday morning suggested a record turnout for this year's race compared to the 47.2 million early votes cast in the 2016 election, according to data from the United States Elections Project.

That number of early ballots cast so far represents 43.1% of the total national voter turnout in 2016, and the total number of ballots cast includes more than 40 million mail-in ballots and 19.4 million in-person ballots.

"The numbers are stunning.," said Elections Project founder and University of Florida political science professor Michael McDonald in an Oct. 25 blog post on the project website.

McDonald said that not only are people requesting a record number of ballots, but they are sending them back sooner, giving election workers more time..............

..............Some states have already reached more than 60% of their 2016 voter turnout as of Wednesday, including Texas (80.2%), Montana (69.6%). Georgia (64.9%), North Carolina (65%), Tennessee (65%), New Mexico (60.9%), and Hawaii (60.2%).

......Democrats have requested 23.5 million ballots while Republicans have requested 13.4 million — a 10 million ballot request lead .............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2020-election-ballots-cast-so-far
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: 2020 presidential election ballots cast so far
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:18:58 pm »
Currently according to the Ramussen polls -- Trump is up by +1 -- not a huge lead.

Yes, worried about both TX and FL. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 07:40:39 pm »
Yes, Dems lead Pubbies by a lot in early voting, BUT...... How many of those Rat ballots are from people who would have voted at the polling place, but have been scared into early voting because of the dreaded pandemic?  IOW, how many of the Early Votes were poached from the Regular Votes?

I'm not panicking.  They will probably show Biden getting early leads right after the polls close, so I'd expect those numbers to get reasonable in the following hours, hopefully not days.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 07:44:56 pm »
Yes, Dems lead Pubbies by a lot in early voting, BUT...... How many of those Rat ballots are from people who would have voted at the polling place, but have been scared into early voting because of the dreaded pandemic?  IOW, how many of the Early Votes were poached from the Regular Votes?

I'm not panicking.  They will probably show Biden getting early leads right after the polls close, so I'd expect those numbers to get reasonable in the following hours, hopefully not days.

10 million is more than just a lead -- that is an overwhelming number.  No not panicking, I've prepared that best I can for a Biden victory and a likely loss of the Senate.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 08:42:21 pm »
10 million is more than just a lead -- that is an overwhelming number.  No not panicking, I've prepared that best I can for a Biden victory and a likely loss of the Senate.

I fear the same thing you do @libertybele . But I don't think this is the year that Florida and Texas go blue. It could be sometime in the very near future...but not next week (or whenever we find out the results). That's my story and I'm sticking to it until I'm forced to give it up. happy77

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 08:42:35 pm »

A 10 Million lead for Rats?  I don't buy that.  And again, so what if it is?  I swear, they are trying every trick in the book to give us heart attacks before we can vote.  All of this reporting is designed to get people to say "Aw, to heck with it" and stay home. 

They did that shit in Florida in the 2000 election when all the nets (TeeVee and cable) declared Gore the winner an hour before the polls closed in the heavily Republican panhandle.  It worked too, because Florida would not have been so close that 600 votes would have made the difference that it did.  People driving to the polls turned around and went home.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 08:43:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 08:46:23 pm »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 08:48:01 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@libertybele
@mystery-ak
@corbe

"Democrats have requested 23.5 million ballots while Republicans have requested 13.4 million — a 10 million ballot request lead."

Remember, libertybele, millions of these mail ballots could be rejected due to one or two serious errors the voter makes in that process.  Voters who have not used a mail ballot before, may screw up, trying to get it done fast and mailed back or taken back.

Harris County in Texas is huge and you have heard about Harris County being so large, but they voted in the majority in 2014 for Gov. Abbott.  That means the Early Voting Ballot Board who checks the mail ballots, will have a Republican Judge leading that group so the evaluation of ballots will be done right.

How do I know that board will evaluate correctly?  BECAUSE I TAUGHT THEM HOW TO DO IT.  I went to Harris County and taught their leaders how to evaluate mail ballots.  They are going to disqualify every mail ballot done incorrectly and they know what to look for.  They will likely have hundreds of thousands of mail ballots.

Another rule Texas has, is, the Board can start days or weeks before the election to give them time to evaluate all those mail ballots.  I started my Board in my county three days before the election and on election day we were there to evaluate any ballots coming in that day.  Then, we were done and I had food catered to them on election day and the mail ballots and early ballots went to central counting to be counted.

I think I have written this before, but will repeat it:
Election day almost immediately after your state polls close, you may go to your state website, go to The Secretary of State, then Elections Division, and look for election results for the 2020 election.  You can watch your early and mail ballots totals come in because they are the first counts out.  You can choose your county totals, or the state totals - can check either one as many times as you want. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 08:52:06 pm »
A 10 Million lead for Rats?  I don't buy that.  And again, so what if it is?  I swear, they are trying every trick in the book to give us heart attacks before we can vote.  All of this reporting is designed to get people to say "Aw, to heck with it" and stay home. 

They did that shit in Florida in the 2000 election when all the nets (TeeVee and cable) declared Gore the winner an hour before the polls closed in the heavily Republican panhandle.  It worked too, because Florida would not have been so close that 600 votes would have made the difference that it did.  People driving to the polls turned around and went home.

I refused to let the rat media stampede me over Covid, and I refuse to let them do it for the election.

Its all they have left

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 09:00:50 pm »
Good catch, @Victoria33.  The 10 Million number comes from Ballots Sent, not Ballots Cast.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 09:05:45 pm »
I refused to let the rat media stampede me over Covid, and I refuse to let them do it for the election.

Its all they have left

Like in 2016, the media shrieking has caused me to tune them out, and I just can't be bothered with these stories attempting to divine the future from cat entrails.

The Press really outdid itself when they started expressing their numbers as "% chance of winning." That took a puddle of already-muddy water and dumped more dirt into it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 09:12:02 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@libertybele
@mystery-ak
@corbe

"Democrats have requested 23.5 million ballots while Republicans have requested 13.4 million — a 10 million ballot request lead."

Remember, libertybele, millions of these mail ballots could be rejected due to one or two serious errors the voter makes in that process.  Voters who have not used a mail ballot before, may screw up, trying to get it done fast and mailed back or taken back.

Harris County in Texas is huge and you have heard about Harris County being so large, but they voted in the majority in 2014 for Gov. Abbott.  That means the Early Voting Ballot Board who checks the mail ballots, will have a Republican Judge leading that group so the evaluation of ballots will be done right.

How do I know that board will evaluate correctly?  BECAUSE I TAUGHT THEM HOW TO DO IT.  I went to Harris County and taught their leaders how to evaluate mail ballots.  They are going to disqualify every mail ballot done incorrectly and they know what to look for.  They will likely have hundreds of thousands of mail ballots.

Another rule Texas has, is, the Board can start days or weeks before the election to give them time to evaluate all those mail ballots.  I started my Board in my county three days before the election and on election day we were there to evaluate any ballots coming in that day.  Then, we were done and I had food catered to them on election day and the mail ballots and early ballots went to central counting to be counted.

I think I have written this before, but will repeat it:
Election day almost immediately after your state polls close, you may go to your state website, go to The Secretary of State, then Elections Division, and look for election results for the 2020 election.  You can watch your early and mail ballots totals come in because they are the first counts out.  You can choose your county totals, or the state totals - can check either one as many times as you want.

Thank you @Victoria33     :patriot:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 09:39:31 pm »
Thank you @Victoria33     :patriot:

We may have our disagreements about politicians, but when it comes to electoral law, @Victoria33 is the best!  If it's an "out-of-Texas" law, she knows where to get the answer.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 09:42:33 pm »
We may have our disagreements about politicians, but when it comes to electoral law, @Victoria33 is the best!  If it's an "out-of-Texas" law, she knows where to get the answer.

:amen:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 11:00:32 pm »
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks to both of you.

Oh, my.  Just saw on TV at 5:56 pm, thousands of Florida mail ballots have been rejected due to no signature or the signatures do not match.

It is starting - mail ballots being rejected .

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 11:18:03 pm »
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks to both of you.

Oh, my.  Just saw on TV at 5:56 pm, thousands of Florida mail ballots have been rejected due to no signature or the signatures do not match.

Welcome, Ma'am!   :hattip:

Around here, when they get envelopes like that, they can contact the early voters and they get a chance to come in and correct it (after showing ID).  Deadline 5 or so days after the election.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 11:29:40 pm »
Take a look at the number of votes already cast in TX. Since the DEMS number of mail-in votes are significantly higher than GOP, I'm deeply concerned that TX may go Biden.

Texas, Georgia, and Montana are open primary states.  Party registration is not required.  So there is no way to know whether Texas early votes are Democrat votes or Republican votes.

Also, the large increase in the number of mail-in ballots will have a corresponding decrease in the number of people who show up to vote on election day.  These mail-in voters are not new voters.  They are people who already vote every election.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 11:38:48 pm »
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks to both of you.

During the primary they hesitated giving me a ballot because my signature looks nothing like my signature using a stylus on an ipad type unit. So, I am not surprised but very concerned that they are rejecting ballots unnecessarily.  It was reported in the news in FL during the mid terms -- many signatures look very different on paper vs. an ipad type unit signing with a stylus.

Your thoughts please @Victoria33 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:39:51 pm by libertybele »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 12:10:08 am »
During the primary they hesitated giving me a ballot because my signature looks nothing like my signature using a stylus on an ipad type unit.
Your thoughts please @Victoria33
@libertybele You said:

"During the primary they hesitated giving me a ballot because my signature looks nothing like my signature using a stylus on an ipad type unit."
When did you sign with a stylus?

The signature on your application for a mail ballot is compared with your signature on the outside of the ballot mailing envelope.  Both signatures would be with your own pen, not a stylus.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 12:37:29 am »

Correct.  I was going to post something like this.  Why do we have people posting voter suppression threads? 
 :thumbsup:

I plan to vote on Nov.3 rd, as I read early voting is very easy to purge republican votes. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 03:15:50 pm »
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty
@corbe

Deadlines for mail ballots getting to county election center.
Before this election, I have not seen states changing their deadline for mail ballots to arrive at election center to be evaluated.

Just now, on TV, news is the Supreme Court won't extend Wisconsin's mail-in ballot deadline.

I have not kept up with how many states did change dates or tried to change dates.
I can likely find that on the internet. 

Texas does it this way:
The deadline for mail ballots, except for Military ballots, is the regular Post Office delivery of mail on election day.  Our county Early Voting Ballot Board would be working in the courthouse room where we were meeting every day evaluating mail ballots, and on election day the County Clerk would bring us the day's mail when it was delivered.

This election is "screwed" (that is a professional term), due to the virus and the two parties trying to get a "leg up" (another professional term), on the other party. 

Another function of this board:
We had to keep meeting one or more days after the election, to evaluate Provisional ballots that came in from the precincts the day of the election, and to evaluate Military ballots if they came in after election day.

Now, I'll see if I can find how many states have changed, or tried to change, their final date for mail ballots to come in.