Author Topic: Celebrations across Chile as the country votes to rid itself of its dictatorship-era constitution le  (Read 336 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8879417/Celebrations-Chile-country-votes-rid-dictatorship-era-constitution.html

Celebrations across Chile as the country votes to rid itself of its dictatorship-era constitution left by Augusto Pinochet's regime
October 26, 2020
Chris Jewers

Wild celebrations have been seen across Chile after the country voted to rid itself of its dictatorship-era constitution left behind by Augusto Pinochet's regime.

Chileans voted overwhelmingly in a landmark referendum on Sunday to replace the constitution, long seen as underpinning the nation's glaring economic and social inequalities.

The result sparked celebrations across the capital and other cities after voters threw out the constitution left by the regime of 1973-1990 dictator Augusto Pinochet.

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It sounds like the Chileans have forgotten everything that Pinochet did for them to rid the nation of communism -- and which gave it a sound future that has lasted about 40 years.

Truly... "those that forget history"...

Offline dfwgator

It sounds like the Chileans have forgotten everything that Pinochet did for them to rid the nation of communism -- and which gave it a sound future that has lasted about 40 years.

Truly... "those that forget history"...

Guess people are going to have to learn the hard way.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ven-EZ-Uela here we come....

Right back where we started from.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I looked at the pics of the protestors and none of them looked like malnourished and destitute. They looked like your typical suburbanite college kids and political activists, just like here in America.

It looks more to me like the usual global marxism movement of 'we're gonna take over and be in charge because we have a right to rule, and we're gonna do whatever we want.'

At the bottom of a boot and the end of a gun barrel, no doubt.
The Republic is lost.