Author Topic: After 1,400-mile trip, daughter denied visit with Navy veteran dad before he died in Buffalo hospita  (Read 655 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Dan Herbeck - The Buffalo News  October 25, 2020

After learning her father was in a Buffalo hospital with brain and lung cancer, Sheila Rybar flew 1,400 miles from her home in Fort Worth, Texas, to see him.

She said she arrived in Buffalo on Sunday, Oct. 11, and spent hours the next day filling out paperwork to get a special Covid-19 exemption from the state Health Department, allowing her to make an end-of-life visit with her father without putting herself in quarantine for 14 days.

On the morning of Tuesday, Oct. 13, after obtaining the exemption and getting a Covid-19 test that verified she did not have the virus, she went to see her father at Buffalo General Medical Center.

But hospital officials would not allow her to visit him.

“They looked at my exemption letter from the state and told me several times that I could not see him. They said this was not an end-of-life situation, and I could only see him after going into quarantine,” Rybar told The Buffalo News.

She never did get to see her father. Thomas A. Cuccia, 67, of Fredonia, died the next day, on Oct. 14.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/10/after-1400-mile-trip-daughter-denied-visit-with-navy-veteran-dad-before-he-died-in-buffalo-hospital/

Offline LegalAmerican

American Military News by  Dan Herbeck - The Buffalo News  October 25, 2020

After learning her father was in a Buffalo hospital with brain and lung cancer, Sheila Rybar flew 1,400 miles from her home in Fort Worth, Texas, to see him.

She said she arrived in Buffalo on Sunday, Oct. 11, and spent hours the next day filling out paperwork to get a special Covid-19 exemption from the state Health Department, allowing her to make an end-of-life visit with her father without putting herself in quarantine for 14 days.

On the morning of Tuesday, Oct. 13, after obtaining the exemption and getting a Covid-19 test that verified she did not have the virus, she went to see her father at Buffalo General Medical Center.

But hospital officials would not allow her to visit him.

“They looked at my exemption letter from the state and told me several times that I could not see him. They said this was not an end-of-life situation, and I could only see him after going into quarantine,” Rybar told The Buffalo News.

She never did get to see her father. Thomas A. Cuccia, 67, of Fredonia, died the next day, on Oct. 14.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/10/after-1400-mile-trip-daughter-denied-visit-with-navy-veteran-dad-before-he-died-in-buffalo-hospital/

New York..right?  COUMO.  There was zero reason, not to let her see her father.  COVID free.  She jumped through all the hoops.  Besides, he was dying from cancer, not covid. They were worried she would 'transmit' something? azzholes. Karens & control freaks.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
May The Almighty reward them as they so richly deserve. :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

888cryingkitty
Awful

Her father still knows, she tired to get there to see him.  We are spirits.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Her father still knows, she tired to get there to see him.  We are spirits.
She will see him again, someday.
In the meantime she has acquired an abiding distaste for petty bureaucracy and knee jerk nonsense.
If there was even one liberal cell in her body, it has been mugged.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

She will see him again, someday.
In the meantime she has acquired an abiding distaste for petty bureaucracy and knee jerk nonsense.
If there was even one liberal cell in her body, it has been mugged.

We hope.  888high58888