Author Topic: NY Times Can’t Stop Lying About 'Chilling' of 'Diversity Training' in Government  (Read 103 times)

rangerrebew

NY Times Can’t Stop Lying About 'Chilling' of 'Diversity Training' in Government
Clay Waters
October 16th, 2020 10:05 PM

The New York Times keeps lying about the Trump Administration banning “diversity training.” In a September story, the paper conflated “racial sensitivity” training with the more sinister concept of “critical race theory,” which until the Trump administration banned it by executive order, was being used in mandatory indoctrination in federal agencies.

Wednesday’s edition ran another, similarly dishonest pitched story by Hailey Fuchs, “Trump Order On Training Chills Efforts On Diversity.” Fuchs lamented that the everyone-and-everything-is-racist gravy train has ground to a sudden halt and commiserated with a special set of victims:

For the diversity consulting industry, this summer was like no other. Amid the racial reckoning spurred by the death of George Floyd, a wave of senior-level executives began to look critically at their companies, and consultants like Melanie Miller and Loretta VanPelt found themselves deluged with work.

Then President Trump stepped in.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/clay-waters/2020/10/16/ny-times-cant-stop-lying-about-chilling-diversity-training

rangerrebew

Eight Big Reasons Critical Race Theory Is Terrible for Dealing with Racism

June 12, 2020James Lindsay

As unlikely as it seems, a highly obscure academic theory known as Critical Race Theory has completely mainstreamed in society, and now everyone is discussing it. While Critical Race Theory has the noble goal of pointing out problems that can be hard to see and that maintain or constitute racism, it turns out to be a remarkably bad way of going about this. A little familiarity with the basic principles of Critical Race Theory and how they go wrong can help with this.

Before I begin, I offer my apologies to the reader. Critical Race Theory has been growing for over 40 years, and it has many deep problems. Therefore, this is long, and still it is not nearly complete. Here, I document just eight of the biggest problems with the entire Critical Race Theory approach. Treat them as eight short essays on specific topics in Critical Race Theory and digest them one at a time. I offer them in the hopes of helping people understand it better so they can decide for themselves if Critical Race Theory is the way we should be dealing with race issues and racism in our society, or if we can genuinely do better.

Since this is so long: here’s the ‘too long; didn’t read’ bullet-point summary:

https://newdiscourses.com/2020/06/reasons-critical-race-theory-terrible-dealing-racism/

Offline goatprairie

Commie leeches worried that their free ride on the taxpayer-funded gravy train might be coming to an end.
Affirmative Action aka Affirmative Discrimination in all its forms should be immediately canceled. It's way past time.