Author Topic: Rush: Consider the Obstacles Donald Trump Must Overcome  (Read 352 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Consider the Obstacles Donald Trump Must Overcome
« on: October 21, 2020, 06:48:41 pm »

Consider the Obstacles Donald Trump Must Overcome

Oct 21, 2020

RUSH: We start on the phones in Atlanta. This is Jerry. Thank you for calling, sir, and it’s great to have you. Hi.

CALLER: Hey, my pleasure, Rush. It’s always great to hear your voice. Hey, I had a question for you, or a suggestion, that if you had the opportunity before tomorrow night’s debate, I want to see if you can reach out to the president and just remind him what you always say to red state residents when they always call and complain about blue states residents moving in. And that is you always tell them you just need to compete with ideas.

And if you could do that, I think it would be game, set, and match. And you can almost tell the president you’re treating him like a professional golfer in the since that professional golfers, they don’t have coaches. They need friendly reminders. And if you could remind the president on that, I think it would be game, set, and match.

RUSH: Well, instead of doing — you want him to compete with ideas instead of what? What is he doing that you don’t like?

CALLER: Just lay out the differences. Here is where I stand. Here’s where my opponent stands. And if you can just lay it out simple, easy —

RUSH: Well, you know, I think Trump — I’ve been watching his rallies. And one thing I’ve noticed in the rallies is he has developed a four- to five-minute riff on exactly this. He has — I don’t know if it’s part of debate prep. I don’t know if it’s part of rally prep. He’s not gonna get four uninterrupted minutes, but he has been, in these rallies, I think doing a great job of explaining his achievements, the accomplishments of his administration to date. And he’s doing it within a time frame of four to five minutes so he could reduce that, I think.

He’s gonna at least get two minutes. And then Plugs is gonna get two minutes at the beginning, you know, answering every question. That’s when he needs to be quiet. Let Biden take all of his two minutes and don’t interrupt him. ‘Cause I’m telling you after about a minute or 90 seconds, that’s when it’s gonna get dicey. But let me share with you another perspective that I’ve had on this.

I think every one of us needs to take a moment and remember something. We need to actually remind ourselves what we are seeing happen every day. We see it, we take it for granted. But you need — we all do — to take a moment to appreciate what’s going on. Because in one sense it is very sad and strange to watch Donald Trump, who’s worn out, folks. Donald Trump is still coming off COVID-19. He got over COVID-19 in a record amount of time. But he still has to be worn out from it.

And not just COVID-19. He’s doing three to four rallies a day. He does not have time for downtime. He doesn’t really have time for debate prep. He’s focusing on these rallies, and he’s trying to make them as sharp as he can. He’s not doing 90-minute rallies anymore. He’s tightening them up. He’s getting in there, he’s getting it, and he’s getting out. And in the midst of all this he’s fighting the media, he’s fighting the swamp, he’s fending off the deep state and their efforts to destroy him, while what’s going on at the same time?

Joe Biden sleeps. Joe Biden rests. Joe Biden ostensibly preps. And the media puts a wall around him while attacking Trump. If you want to talk about a stacked deck, you could very well make the case here. I think that you all need to have a renewed appreciation for Donald Trump. And I’m not practicing sycophancy here. I don’t need to kiss up to President Trump. I’m saying this from the tip, the bottom of my heart.

I think there needs to be a renewed round of appreciation for what this man is attempting to do for everybody else, what he’s attempting to do for you, what he’s attempting to do for me, by saving this country. And he’s doing it, in large part, alone. Yeah, he’s got a staff. But he doesn’t have a whole lot of party assistance out there. We’re watching a worn-out — he has to be. Even these indefatigable, even though he has more energy than any president I’ve ever seen, there are still limits.

He’s not doing this for himself. Not strictly. I’m sure he wants the achievement. I’m sure he wants the achievement of being reelected. I’m sure he wants to serve his second term. But he’s doing things that none of us could do. He’s doing things that very few of us would even try. Three to four rallies a day while worn out, folks. No time for downtime. No time for debate prep. He’s fending off the media, like Lesley Stahl at 60 Minutes. By the way, that’s who it was that called me the other day.

Lesley Stahl called and her question was — and she didn’t want to talk to me on camera — “Will you tell your audience to be nice if the election’s undecided on election night? Will you tell your audience to be calm?” That’s what she was gonna ask me. The presumption being that you people are an out of control bunch of zombies, just gonna run around and raise hell. You’re not out of control. You’re not zombies. You’re the glue that keeps this country held together. They are the zombies. They’re the people running around setting their own cities and towns and businesses on fire.

I resent the implication that you people represent the problem in this country. You’re the solution. You get up and go to work every day, do everything you can to play by the rules. You got Donald Trump out there attempting to stand up for you and make sure that the effort you’re making is not wasted, that you have a country where your activity and your desires are going to be rewarded.

And, meanwhile, Joe Biden gets to sleep. Joe Biden gets to rest. He gets to prepare for the debate, whatever that is. The media puts up a protective wall and a moat around the guy while attacking Trump 24/7. So I think Trump can do what you want. I think Trump is got a technique here for espousing his achievements, his issues in a concise and limited amount of time.

Folks, we’ve had three years of allegations of corruption against Trump, and they have turned up nothing. Three years of absolute nothing. The most investigated, the biggest anal exam of a human being I’ve ever seen in American politics, the most offensive invasions of privacy we’ve ever seen, and they have turned up nothing. Donald Trump, of all the people in that town, is clean as a whistle. And he has every right to make this comparison between himself and Joe Biden. He just has to be careful how he does it. Gotta lower Biden’s approval and raise Trump’s at the same time.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34