Author Topic: My Presidential Prediction Delayed...by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.  (Read 60 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My Presidential Prediction Delayed...by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
« on: October 14, 2020, 01:51:20 pm »
 My Presidential Prediction Delayed
Can Democrats hold on to their constituencies?

by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
October 14, 2020, 12:00 AM

Washington

We are at that stage in the race for the presidency when the Democrats and their allies in the media are fervently courting the most earnest constituency available to them, the Moron Vote. Forget about the Black vote, the Latinos, and the Bird Watchers. Now, the Democrats, I am told, have become very nervous about the Morons. The Blacks are wavering. The Latinos are wavering. I do not know where the Bird Watchers stand, but I am told the Morons could be a real problem for the Democrats. Many are college-educated, and about them one can never be certain. Do you know what is being taught in the universities nowadays? What if Donald promises to give the Morons early retirement? If the Democrats lose the Moron vote they are in deep trouble.

Recently the president tweeted from Walter Reed hospital, where he was himself recovering from a brush with COVID-19, his perfectly sensible suggestion: “Don’t be afraid,” he tweeted, “of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life.” He said that, and all hell broke loose. The Democrats went ballistic. Their constituents went ballistic. The media went ballistic — I am told some were in tears. I like to think that the Bird Watchers remained placid, but what about the Morons? Donald’s suggestion is just the kind of advice that could create hysteria in the ranks of the college-educated Morons. They are excitable.

Of course, many Americans blessed with common sense and a knowledge of history took Donald’s advice in stride. They remembered, perhaps, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s wise counsel in his First Inaugural Address to the American people in March of 1933. They stood in the vestibule of the Depression and listened with equanimity to FDR’s exhortation, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself … ” Whereupon he elaborated, “nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror, which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.” Yes, he said, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself,” and not even the Republicans of the time complained. President Roosevelt was right.

more
https://spectator.org/presidential-race-prediction-moron-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34