Author Topic: Second presidential debate between Trump and Biden on Oct. 15 will be virtual  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Second presidential debate between Trump and Biden on Oct. 15 will be virtual

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/08/second-presidential-debate-between-trump-and-biden-on-oct-15-will-be-virtual.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
2nd Trump-Biden debate to be virtual due to Trump's COVID-19

WASHINGTON (AP) — The second presidential debate between President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden will take place virtually amid the fallout from the president's diagnosis of COVID-19.

The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates debates made the announcement Thursday morning, a week before the two were scheduled to face off in Miami, “in order to protect the health and safety of all involved with the second presidential debate."

The candidates will “participate from separate remote locations,” while the participants and moderator remain in Miami, the commission said.

https://news.yahoo.com/second-debate-biden-going-virtual-113633866.html

Offline verga

CNBC reports that Trump says he won't waste his time participating in a virtual event.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
CNBC reports that Trump says he won't waste his time participating in a virtual event.

Yep. Now my iPhone is breaking news Trump doesn’t want to participate.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
US election 2020: Donald Trump refuses virtual debate with Joe Biden to throw plans into disarray

The president's declaration came less than an hour after organisers announced that the debate would be taking place virtually.

The Commission on Presidential Debates said the decision was made to "protect the health and safety of all involved", with the president's positive coronavirus test having come just days after the first debate last week.

The commission said both candidates would appear at the second TV debate, scheduled for next Thursday, from separate locations.

But, in an interview shortly after the announcement was made, Mr Trump said: "I'm not going to do a virtual debate."

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-2020-donald-trump-refuses-virtual-debate-with-joe-biden-to-throw-plans-into-disarray-12099041

Offline mountaineer

A "virtual" event means Joe can huddle in his basement or other bunker with his teleprompter, notes, earpiece and never have to speak for himself. And what's with the "participants" and moderator in Miami. What participants? The only participants are supposed to be the two candidates and the moderator.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Virtual format will be wrought with sleazy MSM manipulation. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This doesn't look good for Trump from the POV of the typical "non-political voter".

I am HOPING, this is just more of his strategy. Say he's not going to participate to get this in the news with EVERYBODY talking about it,and then say "I will participate if I can have a team in the same room as Biden,and he is free to have a team on the room with me. That way there can be no cheating."

How could Team Biden refuse that,especially after the days of posing and making statements about how "Joe is ready,why isn't Trump"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

This doesn't look good for Trump from the POV of the typical "non-political voter".

I am HOPING, this is just more of his strategy. Say he's not going to participate to get this in the news with EVERYBODY talking about it,and then say "I will participate if I can have a team in the same room as Biden,and he is free to have a team on the room with me. That way there can be no cheating."

How could Team Biden refuse that,especially after the days of posing and making statements about how "Joe is ready,why isn't Trump"?

I find it odd the guy who is supposedly so far behind is the one refusing to debate, under any circumstances.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Trump Just Said He’s Not Wasting His Time on Second Debate—Here’s What He’ll Do Instead

UPDATE II: Instead of debating, the Trump campaign announced they will hold a rally instead.

Bill Stepien, Trump’s campaign manager, said Trump “will have posted multiple negative tests prior to the debate" so there is no reason to hold it virtually.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/10/08/virtual-debate-n2577701
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
President Trump should (1) insist on the debate taking place live and in person for reasons that should be obvious, and (2) declare that,  due to lingering concerns about his recent Covid diagnosis,  Vice President Pence will debate Joe Biden in his place.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline HuskyPatriot

President Trump should (1) insist on the debate taking place live and in person for reasons that should be obvious, and (2) declare that,  due to lingering concerns about his recent Covid diagnosis,  Vice President Pence will debate Joe Biden in his place.

I like that!!!!  Pence vs. Biden would be a debate to see!  The cool headed guy from Indiana vs. Well, you know.....    888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who in their right mind would do a virtual debate with Joe Teleprompter Biden?  Biden wearing a wire to the person debate was bad enough

I find it odd the guy who is supposedly so far behind is the one refusing to debate, under any circumstances.

I doubt POTUS is relying on MSNBCNN for his polling data.   :laugh:

Offline verga

I like that!!!!  Pence vs. Biden would be a debate to see!  The cool headed guy from Indiana vs. Well, you know.....    888high58888
:2popcorn:  :rolling:  :beer:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Lando Lincoln

Who in their right mind would do a virtual debate with Joe Teleprompter Biden?  Biden wearing a wire to the person debate was bad enough

Exactly.  Good grief.  The only good outcome would be for a spaced out Joe to wander off camera or to read the wrong cue. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Pence... he wouldn't hurt a fly....

Oh wait....bad reference!   888mouth
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Lando Lincoln

Pence... he wouldn't hurt a fly....

Oh wait....bad reference!   888mouth

That fly was a COVID-19 infected drone!! 

Well, okay... that might be bit over the top.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That fly was a COVID-19 infected drone!! 

Well, okay... that might be bit over the top.

:pondering: :pondering:

:shrug:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Jason Miller
@JasonMillerinDC

Ridiculous for rigged and biased PDC to launch sneak attack this AM simply to step on VP @Mike_Pence’s winning debate performance last night. There was no gun to their head forcing their 7:30am unilateral announcement. This was done out of malice to step on the VP’s victory.

11:21 AM · Oct 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/1314224357535887363

Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022
@TrumpWarRoom

The next presidential debate must be in person!

“To distract from Kamala Harris's abysmal performance last night…they are trying to put the finger on the scale for Joe Biden,” says
@ErinMPerrine.

“The president…would rather speak to the American people directly.”

Video:

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1314214396214689799

10:41 AM · Oct 8, 2020·Twitter Media Studio

Hugh Hewitt
@hughhewitt

I can't believe Commission on Presidential Debates did not discuss the next debate with @realDonaldTrump before declaring it would be virtual.  I had assumed it had. Shocking.  This is a broken, Beltway-dominated group of dinosaurs that is clearly #NeverTrump as was Chris Wallace

8:23 AM · Oct 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/1314179645252734976

Richard Grenell
@RichardGrenell

@JoeBiden needs to use notes to answer questions. He wants a virtual debate so he can read answers written by staff.

8:10 AM · Oct 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/1314176329248436224

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

1. This so-called Commission on Presidential Debates is a disaster.  It’s now interfering with the presidential campaign, making itself an issue.  Its choice of moderators has been awful.

2. Its eleventh hour changes without consulting the campaigns or getting agreement from both campaigns is unacceptable.

3. And its latest bungling, declaring the next debate will be virtual, clearly benefits Biden, who’s been living as a virtual creature in his basement.  They’ve now created a serious controversy.

8:41 AM · Oct 8, 2020·Twitter for Android

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1314184031894933509