Author Topic: Poll: Majority of Americans Fear Post-Election Civil War  (Read 974 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Majority of Americans Fear Post-Election Civil War
« on: October 07, 2020, 04:58:57 pm »
Poll: Majority of Americans Fear Post-Election Civil War

Simon Kent 7 Oct 2020

A poll of a selection of U.S. voters found 56 percent of respondents said they expect to see “an increase in violence as a result of the election” amongst other reservations about the election results just weeks before Election Day.

When asked about just what sort of violence they expected to see, those polled responded with “riots,” “looting,” “burning” as some of their predictions. “Trashing of cities” was another response.

The YouGov poll was completed between October 1 – 2, 2020 and used 1,503 respondents.

It followed another poll released October 1 that found 61 percent of Americans agree with the concern the U.S. could be on the verge of another Civil War.

Additionally, 52 percent of consumers have also stockpiled food or essential goods in anticipation of social unrest tied to a resurgence of coronavirus in the coming months and/ or the election.

The responses follow a tumultuous summer of street riots across America led by left-wing political agitators.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/07/poll-majority-of-americans-fear-post-election-civil-war/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Poll: Majority of Americans Fear Post-Election Civil War
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 05:01:59 pm »
Won't be one.  The left has won.  Covidism sealed the deal.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 05:04:12 pm »
Won't be one.  The left has won.  Covidism sealed the deal.

That and capitualation of the masses to SJW causes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 05:31:23 pm »
Violence definitely, if sporadic. I don't think a full blown civil war like the last one though.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 05:38:00 pm »
Violence definitely, if sporadic. I don't think a full blown civil war like the last one though.
The next civil war will look like anarchy.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 05:40:59 pm »
If Biden wins,  the insurrectionists will finish the job they've started with government support.

If Biden wins we can drop the fantasy that there are enough of us to make a difference.  There will be no resistance from us; there will be no armed conflict from our proud gun owners; there will be no civil war.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 05:42:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 05:49:39 pm »
My only fear about the coming civil war is that I won't have enough 9mm ammo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 12:21:52 am »
Title:
"Poll: Majority of Americans Fear Post-Election Civil War"

Fishrrman fearless prediction:
"After Trump... the deluge."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 12:35:53 am »
If Biden wins,  the insurrectionists will finish the job they've started with government support.

If Biden wins we can drop the fantasy that there are enough of us to make a difference.  There will be no resistance from us; there will be no armed conflict from our proud gun owners; there will be no civil war.
The great American experiment will end with a whimper? You’re probably right.

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 12:44:08 am »

Who says it has to be a shooting war?

We already have civil insurrection with cities and states refusing to follow federal law concerning immigration laws. The left has set the precedent. All it will take is strong conservative Gov.'s to refuse to follow federal dictates. As this happens the next step is to start the discussion about how we go our separate ways.

It can be done. If Trump wins big and CA., WA., & OR., refuse to accept the results why not let them go? Require a referendum by county of those that want to go and those that want to stay and then let those that want to leave do so.   
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 04:35:35 am »
It can be done. If Trump wins big and CA., WA., & OR., refuse to accept the results why not let them go? Require a referendum by county of those that want to go and those that want to stay and then let those that want to leave do so.

If that is the case, with a certainty, the United States owe the South an apology. And reparations.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 10:29:11 pm »
If that is the case, with a certainty, the United States owe the South an apology. And reparations.

LOL

Totally different. If the South had ended slavery and then seceded there would not have been a war. Today there is no over riding moral imperative.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 10:32:09 pm »

I agree.  If we would of had enough bullets all the Yankees would be dead.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 12:28:47 am »
Who says it has to be a shooting war?

We already have civil insurrection with cities and states refusing to follow federal law concerning immigration laws. The left has set the precedent. All it will take is strong conservative Gov.'s to refuse to follow federal dictates. As this happens the next step is to start the discussion about how we go our separate ways.

In addition to what roamer said, this was settled in 1865. If it was good enough for Lincoln to preseve the Union and kill hundred of thousands of Americans, then it's good enough for Trump too.

Hope to see a few helicopter rides when it happens.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 10:17:15 am »
There will be no civil war.  The liberal pukes would end quickly when bullets start coming in their direction.

The anarchists have almost exclusively destroyed Democommie cities.  So their destruction is not everywhere, and never will be.

I never owned a gun, and in the next few days, I plan to buy a handgun and a shotgun, and stock up on sufficient ammo to take out a company of marauders.  I can see bands of riffraff scouring the landside, hitting houses to loot all they can carry.  Good people will die, but many will be armed to the teeth, and I believe they will not hesitate to use deadly force to protect their homes.

If it happens, it will not last long.  Thousands will die, but in the end, the president will call out the military and establish a strict environment with early curfews.  And there will be no hesitation to use deadly force to bring order to the land.  But that happens only if Trump is elected.  If Biden is elected, the Soros anarchists disappear into the woodwork.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 10:29:22 am »

I never owned a gun, and in the next few days, I plan to buy a handgun and a shotgun, and stock up on sufficient ammo to take out a company of marauders. 

Shotgun ammo is still available. Handgun ammo is another story. I have been unable to find any .380 at all and the 9mm I've found has been too overpriced for me to even think of purchasing a single box. I have seen .38, .357, .45, and .44Mag. I have  been able to purchase .40 and 357Sig. Good luck on trying to purchase in any sizeable quantities.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2020, 01:34:18 pm »
I went to a gun shop yesterday and they had just gotten in some 9mm and .38. They didn't impose a limit, but I (stupidly) bought only one box each. Not overpriced, either!

Still kicking myself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 01:44:17 pm »
I went to a gun shop yesterday and they had just gotten in some 9mm and .38. They didn't impose a limit, but I (stupidly) bought only one box each. Not overpriced, either!

Still kicking myself.

Just bought 100 rounds in .45ACP and 40 rounds in .45/70. Price is up a touch, but not bad. Been going in once a month since august for several calibers, and have had no real trouble with supply. But it's hunting season and I am in pretty common calibers.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 01:48:57 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2020, 03:45:13 pm »
There will be no civil war.  The liberal pukes would end quickly when bullets start coming in their direction.

The anarchists have almost exclusively destroyed Democommie cities.  So their destruction is not everywhere, and never will be.

I never owned a gun, and in the next few days, I plan to buy a handgun and a shotgun, and stock up on sufficient ammo to take out a company of marauders.  I can see bands of riffraff scouring the landside, hitting houses to loot all they can carry.  Good people will die, but many will be armed to the teeth, and I believe they will not hesitate to use deadly force to protect their homes.

If it happens, it will not last long.  Thousands will die, but in the end, the president will call out the military and establish a strict environment with early curfews.  And there will be no hesitation to use deadly force to bring order to the land.  But that happens only if Trump is elected.  If Biden is elected, the Soros anarchists disappear into the woodwork.

I don't believe we are going to see a "hot" civil war. Right now the Rats are selectively enforcing laws and selectively cooperating with federal authorities in violation of existing federal law. IOW, we are already in a "cold" civil war. The issue the left is trying to resolve is can they successfully neuter the peasants (the deplorables) so they never rise up again. If the peasants lose and the federal govt starts to try and take away our constitutional rights it will be conservative governors that will initiate the separation not leftists running around trying to loot.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 03:47:34 pm »
I don't believe we are going to see a "hot" civil war. Right now the Rats are selectively enforcing laws and selectively cooperating with federal authorities in violation of existing federal law. IOW, we are already in a "cold" civil war. The issue the left is trying to resolve is can they successfully neuter the peasants (the deplorables) so they never rise up again. If the peasants lose and the federal govt starts to try and take away our constitutional rights it will be conservative governors that will initiate the separation not leftists running around trying to loot.

I am hoping and supporting an economic boycott of the Biden economy. Zero big ticket items.   Starve this mf'er out. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2020, 06:42:10 pm »
I am hoping and supporting an economic boycott of the Biden economy. Zero big ticket items.   Starve this mf'er out.

Interesting thought.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 10:18:58 pm »
LOL

Totally different. If the South had ended slavery and then seceded there would not have been a war. Today there is no over riding moral imperative.

With regret @bilo that is not correct.  Lincoln's often-quoted response to Horace Greeley's editorial of 1862 -

“If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that.”

- makes clear the relative urgency he placed on abolition versus union.  Had his war aim been abolition he would have issued the Emancipation Proclamation immediately after Ft. Sumter and also freed slaves in the union-but-still-slave states of Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky, and Missouri.  But Union men fought on Southern soil for nearly two years before the Proclamation, when there was no policy of abolition, and slaves in the union states were not freed during Lincoln's lifetime.

Furthermore when Union and Confederate representatives met at Hampton Roads in February 1865 to discuss a negotiated peace settlement, Lincoln was still willing to negotiate on slavery, but not on union.

It has become fashionable among historians, both professional and amateur, to assert that the "Civil War" was solely about slavery; this is probably a reaction to "Lost Cause" ideology which disregards slavery even as a cause of secession.  But had the Confederates seceded for completely different reasons, there is no evidence Lincoln would have let them go.
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 11:39:23 pm »
bilo wrote:
"If the peasants lose and the federal govt starts to try and take away our constitutional rights it will be conservative governors that will initiate the separation not leftists running around trying to loot."

A wise and correct observation.

Forget Yamamoto's "gun behind every blade of grass" observation. In the "hard red" states, when push comes to shove, it doesn't matter if self-styled militias try to fight -- they'll get nowhere unless or until the state governments/legislatures/governors sign on with the state National Guards to back them up.

And even one rebellious state, or perhaps two, isn't going to do it.
It's going to take a good-sized group of states, banding together under the auspices of a central governing body and leadership, to present an effective counter-force to the communists (democrats) in control of the federal government.

Of course you're thinking, "we've been there before".
Yes, we have. And things WERE NOT "settled" then. It could happen again.

I'm thinking the first steps of opposition should be something in order of a "New Continental Congress" composed of representatives from the "traditional freedom" states.

And from there...?