Author Topic: Report: Kamala Harris’s Debate Strategy Is to Focus on Trump and His ‘Failures’  (Read 781 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Kamala Harris’s Debate Strategy Is to Focus on Trump and His ‘Failures’

Hannah Bleau 6 Oct 2020

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) is gearing up for Wednesday night’s vice presidential debate, but Democrats say her strategy involves placing less emphasis on Vice President Mike Pence and more on President Trump and his “failures,” specifically.

According to Democrats “familiar” with Harris’s planning, the California senator plans to make President Trump her number one target Wednesday night as she debates the vice president at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

“Even though it is a vice presidential debate, the debate is about Donald Trump and Joe Biden,” a Biden campaign aide said, according to CNN. “And it is all about making the case for why we need Joe Biden in this moment and why Donald Trump has failed.”

The outlet cited further sources which said Harris is bracing for Pence to tap into her record as California’s attorney general and expose her far-left positions — something the Biden campaign has seemingly tried to dismiss over the last few weeks. During the first presidential debate, Biden famously alienated “Bernie bros” after stating that he did not support the Green New Deal and rejecting Medicare for All. His remarks prompted Trump to declare that Biden “lost the left”:

Karen Dunn, a longtime Democratic operative who has focused on debates, is leading Harris’ preparations, and is joined by longtime Harris aide Rohini Kosoglu, top Biden aide Anita Dunn, Harris spokeswoman Liz Allen and Biden aide Symone Sanders, said a source familiar with the preparations. Ron Klain, the Democratic operative who prepared Biden, is involved in the debate sessions but not in the room, the source added.
    Harris’ team sees Pence as a polar opposite debater to Trump, who showed his anger and frustration frequently on the debate stage with Biden in September. Pence, said the sources, is far “smoother” and more controlled than the President, rarely letting his emotion show or flashing any anger at a question or an attack.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/06/report-kamala-harriss-debate-strategy-is-to-focus-on-trump-and-his-failures/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

No sh*t. I watched a debate between Adam Shiff and his opponent in his race for his district in Burbank. All Shiff could talk about was Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Heard on Levin that the Harris campaign wants plexiglass not just between she and Pence, but surrounding each candidate so they'd each be in a separate cube.

Can you say "covid spectacle"?

So far the Pence campaign has said "no" .... she can wrap herself in plexiglass, but not him.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I routinely ask Biden 'supporters' to tell me why they are for Biden, only do so without mentioning Trump.

>crickets<

They can't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kamala is gonna be a real b-tch tomorrow night...she plans on going after Trump through Pence...just remember her from the Kavanaugh hearings..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kamala is gonna be a real b-tch tomorrow night...she plans on going after Trump through Pence...just remember her from the Kavanaugh hearings..

Someone should whisper in Mike's ear "it's okay to punch back".  I nominate Karen!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Someone should whisper in Mike's ear "it's okay to punch back".  I nominate Karen!

I have never seen Pence in a *fighting* mood...I hope Karen knocks some sense into him..lol
Support the USO

Online corbe

Woman are his Achilles Heel.  He needs to Ball Up here and destroy this lunatic.

I may be projecting here.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

If they are setting her up for 2024, I am optimistic about our chances.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Kamala Harris to Cast Mike Pence as ‘Homophobic,’ Attack Coronavirus Record in VP Debate

The Daily Beast reports that Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) will attempt to attack Vice President Mike Pence in Wednesday night’s vice presidential debate as a homophobe, in keeping with a false caricature Democrats have painted over the years.

One former Harris staffer told the Beast that “pointing out that the vice president is a homophobic Waylon Smithers is clearly a winning line.” Smithers is a character on The Simpsons who serves the evil Mr. Burns and represses his own sexuality.

Pence is an evangelical Christian who supports traditional family values but has no record of homophobia. Yet many on the left have cast him as a hateful, intoelrant person — most notably former presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg, who used the vice president as a rhetorical foil on the campaign trail. At the Winter Olympics in 2018, figure skater Adam Rippon, who is gay, taunted Pence and refused to meet with him, despite the fact that the vice president was leading the U.S. delegation.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/07/report-kamala-harris-to-cast-mike-pence-as-homophobic-attack-coronavirus-record-in-vp-debate/
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

I’m more excited about the VP debate than the first debate between Trump and Biden.

Pence will go in tonight with a wealth of material under his belt on Kamala and the democrats, from the stupid things she said on late night television, to the newest DNI release yesterday of documents related to Brennan, Obama and Clinton and the conspiracy to frame Donald Trump in spygate and crossfire hurricane. I hope Pence goes after her on this story.

The three major broadcast news networks were silent last night about this latest development, that the Russians knew Hillary was behind the Russian collusion hoax and that Brennan briefed Obama on it from the very beginning.

Offline mountaineer

Franklin Graham
https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham/

Tonight we have a Vice Presidential debate coming up. My prayers are for our country.
There are clearly two very different visions for the future direction of the nation. This evening, Vice President Mike Pence  will be able to share President Donald J. Trump’s vision for the future of America, and Kamala Harris will have an opportunity to communicate her and Joe Biden’s vision.
I continue to urge all Christians to pray for and vote in this very important election. I pray that all will see what’s at stake, and that God’s will be done.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
One thing ole Round Heels knows is how to throw a blow. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

Pence may be quiet, but he is no dullard. He has a razor mind. His strategy should be to focus on Biden's 47 years of racism, and the questionable ethics he has displayed as VP. Ask why Biden didn't stand up during Benghazi, what did he know about Fast and Furious, When did he find out about the fake Russian dossier? In short paint Biden as a poor leader before. If he has to go after Harris, point out her selective prosecutions as in the District attorney's office.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pence is going to have to open up a can not only on Kamala, but Biden too.

He needs to use Kamala's own words against Biden in the primaries against her.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I won't be watching the debate, but my predictions:
- Pence will be polite to a fault. He'll make a few dents, but they'll be small ones. No knockout punch. It's not in him.
- Harris will cackle and squall, to modestly good effect.
- As such, Pence may edge a win "on points", but Harris will make enough noise and tell enough lies to be painted by the media as the winner to the rubes.

Offline skeeter

I won't be watching the debate, but my predictions:
- Pence will be polite to a fault. He'll make a few dents, but they'll be small ones. No knockout punch. It's not in him.
- Harris will cackle and squall, to modestly good effect.
- As such, Pence may edge a win "on points", but Harris will make enough noise and tell enough lies to be painted by the media as the winner to the rubes.

I hope you're wrong. I'm afraid due to Trump's awkward manner of speaking its up to Pence to inform the viewers about his administration's record, which is damn good.