Author Topic: Army Gives Its Official Support to the Time-Honored Practice of Field Napping  (Read 268 times)

rangerrebew

Army Gives Its Official Support to the Time-Honored Practice of Field Napping

1 Oct 2020
Military.com | By Matthew Cox

The U.S. Army's new health and fitness manual is officially endorsing an activity for sustaining mental alertness that soldiers have always practiced unofficially: nap time.

Whether they are sitting in the back of tightly packed military aircraft, Bradley Fighting Vehicles or resupply trucks, soldiers will always catch their Z's while they can, especially during lulls in continuous training and combat operations.

Now the Army's new field manual for Holistic Health and Fitness recommends that leaders create time for soldiers to take short naps during long periods of continuous operations when troops are getting less than six hours of sleep a night.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/10/01/army-gives-its-official-support-time-honored-practice-of-field-napping.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah,like they could stop it.

The first useful things you learn in the army are what I call "The Three Golden Rules of Soldiering"

1: If there is no good reason to remain standing,sit.

2: If there is no good reason to remain sitting,lay down.

3:If there is no good reason to remain awake,sleep.

The army will provide you with all the discomfort you need. There is no good reason to make it easy on them.

I have actually fallen asleep while standing at attention in formation. You take rest when and where you can find it because you never know when you will  have another opportunity.

Don't believe me,ask anybody who ever served in a line outfit.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 11:44:01 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!