Author Topic: Left-wing ‘Nation’ Ponders Secession of Democrat-run States  (Read 1253 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Left-wing ‘Nation’ Ponders Secession of Democrat-run States
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 10:57:40 pm »
Free state secession is more likely IMO.  The dems have ruined California to the point it is no longer a tax donor state, despite the inflated price structure.  Other blue states are screaming for a bailout of their pension systems.  New York, New Jersey, California, Hawaii, Illinois, and Maryland are in a permanent state of decline.  Why would the red states want to support the others, while the courts are packed and the elections are rigged against them?

The question is not whether the blue states can secede from the union; the question is whether the rest of us can expel them.
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan wrote:
"The only option is the military option."

I've been posting essentially this for months now, but folks here put it off or ignore the reality of what's actually before us.

The time will come when traditional-minded Americans will have to march into the blue democrat/marxist/communist states, replace the standing governments IN those states (perhaps by reducing them to "territories" instead of "states" for a certain period), and literally "Reconstruct" them back into AMERICAN states once again. After which they can re-apply for re-admission to the Union with full statehood privileges.

Call it "the Second Reconstruction". I coined that word, right here.

The problem I foresee with a breakup of America, particularly "the separation" of the Pacific Coast states, is that they will eventually devolve into marxist regimes. And when that happens, watch for them to invite the Chinese onto their soil. How could "the free states" tolerate the presence of Chinese troops on [formerly] American soil, with Chinese subs based in our [former] Pacific Coast ports...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Vulcan wrote:

I've been posting essentially this for months now, but folks here put it off or ignore the reality of what's actually before us.

The time will come when traditional-minded Americans will have to march into the blue democrat/marxist/communist states, replace the standing governments IN those states (perhaps by reducing them to "territories" instead of "states" for a certain period), and literally "Reconstruct" them back into AMERICAN states once again. After which they can re-apply for re-admission to the Union with full statehood privileges.

Call it "the Second Reconstruction". I coined that word, right here.

The problem I foresee with a breakup of America, particularly "the separation" of the Pacific Coast states, is that they will eventually devolve into marxist regimes. And when that happens, watch for them to invite the Chinese onto their soil. How could "the free states" tolerate the presence of Chinese troops on [formerly] American soil, with Chinese subs based in our [former] Pacific Coast ports...?

@Fishrrman

The INSTANT they do that,they quit being citizens and become slaves. There is nobody on the planet more racist than the Chinese.

Hell,they still have the same caste systems in place they had 1,000 years ago.

Having said that,the  Chinese are an inward-looking people by nature,and it is MY opinion all they want from the west is our money. They will already have their hands full trying to control all of Asia to be bothering with us much. I see them taking over control of the ports and airports on the left coast to make sure they have access to trade so they can take our money home,but that's about it.

Which is bad enough because America will effectively be cut off  US trade  from and to Asia unless we want to go through the Panama Canal,which the Chinese also own. In short,they can and will shut us off completely from making trades in Asia unless we give them a cut of each deal.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:49:36 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Fishrrman

The INSTANT they do that,they quit being citizens and become slaves. There is nobody on the planet more racist than the Chinese.

Hell,they still have the same caste systems in place they had 1,000 years ago.

Having said that,the  Chinese are an inward-looking people by nature,and it is MY opinion all they want from the west is our money. They will already have their hands full trying to control all of Asia to be bothering with us much. I see them taking over control of the ports and airports on the left coast to make sure they have access to trade so they can take our money home,but that's about it.

Which is bad enough because America will effectively be cut off  US trade  from and to Asia unless we want to go through the Panama Canal,which the Chinese also own. In short,they can and will shut us off completely from making trades in Asia unless we give them a cut of each deal.
We already have three generations and more of plantation dwellers and wannabees, roaming the streets. Some people just don't understand being free, not even close. 

Why give up the Oil, timber, and mineral resources of California, The Pacific Northwest, etc. ultimately to people who have a demonstrated lack of concern for their own back yard? The ecowhackos would be put to work in the mines or shot anyway--or sent to mess with our industry some more.

If those Communist b@st@rds don't like it here, they can d@mned well leave or be interred here, I don't care which.

Behind every blade of grass....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Vulcan wrote:

Bad idea... the lefties will vote the same idiots back into power again.

Offline GrouchoTex

Nah. It was happening then too... MSM was just as far left, you just didn't know it... Had nothing to compare it to... Remember what a breath of fresh air Rush and FOX were when they first aired?

Education... same thing. Maybe a point or two different in how many teachers vote lib, but more the same than not. I gave up on schooling and my preferred profession (history/archaeology/anthropology) Specifically BECAUSE I had to sacrifice principle to succeed.

And that is coming from a rural small town school system.

We can bawl about it all, but I think it is BETTER now than then, because since the advent of the internet, alternatives not only exist, but prevail. A Rogan, Shapiro, Crowder, or Rubin is capable of drawing more eyes than the entire MSM combined.

That ain't no small gain.

I understand what you are saying, but it seems to be more prevalent now.
Take for instance, in our youths, the Boys Scouts, Little Leagues, etc., weren't full of leftist doctrine, and still as a bulwark against those that espoused it.
Now they are no differnet.

Better now? Perhaps, but only for those paying attention to the talk radio and podcast of those folks you mention, like us political junkies.
Too many people still get there news from MSM sources.

Offline roamer_1

I understand what you are saying, but it seems to be more prevalent now.
Take for instance, in our youths, the Boys Scouts, Little Leagues, etc., weren't full of leftist doctrine, and still as a bulwark against those that espoused it.
Now they are no differnet.

@GrouchoTex

While that's true, it means little - NASCAR sullied itself and I moved on. It changed, and I didn't. NFL and NBA are doing much the same - Guess what? They are sullied. Their audience is leaving. The same goes for boy scouts and little leagues.

The trust these liberal mongers rely upon is branding, and branding in its own right is so sullied that folks don't pay it no mind. No one is listening. They take something over thinking they will make prey of loyalties. But it does not work for long. Look at Fox News. You mess with the recipe, folks walk off, just like New Coke.

I used to be hard core Chevy... Hard core Chicago Pneumatic. Hard core SnapOn. GE, Maytag, Milwaulkee, BF Goodrich... the list goes on and on and on.,. In EVERYTHING. That loyalty only can suffer so much when the company quits living up to the standard that is expected. And I don't believe in any of them anymore. I will move on, and so does everyone else.

Better now? Perhaps, but only for those paying attention to the talk radio and podcast of those folks you mention, like us political junkies.
Too many people still get there news from MSM sources.

I don't think that's true. Not anymore. Cable has been suffering 20% losses nearly every quarter. So are newspapers. How long can that go on (quartered every quarter) and still retain influence? It's all built of paper already. There is real and serious competition in the field of ideas. Everyone doesn't just trust in Paul Harvey and Andy Rooney anymore.

It's in flux. and the flux sucks. But there is now real and detectable reason for hope that the truth will out.

And as an aside, I am not a political junkie.  I have no loyalties there either. I am far more concerned with things within the reach of my arm, where I can see my effect. I read very little of it anymore. I spend some time here when I am at my bench, but most of my life is well away from politics and will entirely remain so. My interest is in truth and in Conservatism. That is the only flag I will rally to. That is what I will fight for. Politics is pablum. A Fugue for the Tinhorns -a song so aptly named. MEH.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1