Author Topic: Black professor insists 'Proud Boys aren't white supremacists' as Trump takes flak  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Black professor insists 'Proud Boys aren't white supremacists' as Trump takes flak
Washington Times, Sep 20, 2020

It turns out not everybody believes the Proud Boys are white supremacists, including a prominent Black professor at a historically Black university.

Wilfred Reilly, associate professor of political science at Kentucky State University, said Wednesday that “the Proud Boys aren’t white supremacists,” describing the right-wing group’s beliefs as “Western chauvinist” and noting that their international chairman, Enrique Tarrio, is Black.

“Gotta say: the Proud Boys aren’t white supremacists,” tweeted Mr. Reilly, author of “Hate Crime Hoax.”

The Proud Boys came under the microscope after President Trump refused during Tuesday’s presidential debate to condemn them as white supremacists, saying, “Proud Boys — stand back and stand by,” prompting accusations that he was supporting virulent racists.

Mr. Reilly said that about 10% to 20% of Proud Boys activists are people of color, a diverse racial composition that is “extremely well-known in law enforcement,” based on his research.

“Enrique Tarrio, their overall leader, is a Black Cuban dude. The Proud Boys explicitly say they’re not racist,” Mr. Reilly told The Washington Times. “They are an openly right-leaning group and they’ll openly fight you — they don’t deny any of this — but saying they’re White supremacist: If you’re talking about a group of people more than 10% people of color and headed by an Afro-Latino guy, that doesn’t make sense.”

White House spokeswoman Alysa Farah pushed back on the criticism, saying, “I don’t think there’s anything to clarify. He’s told them to stand back.”

Black Trump supporter Melissa Tate also challenged the “white supremacist” label, posting a video in which she and Beverly Beatty said that the Proud Boys helped provide security for them at a Christian prayer event.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/30/wilfred-reilly-insists-proud-boys-arent-white-supr/

Core Values Of The Proud Boys

Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism

https://proudboysusa.com/tenets/

I had not heard of this group before Biden labeled them a white supremacist group.   :shrug:

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They're a bunch of horny troublemakers.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Absalom

They're a bunch of horny troublemakers.
------------------------
Hmm..........since Trump craves the gals, wonder what their gender is???

Offline aligncare

I had not heard of this group before Biden labeled them a white supremacist group.   :shrug:

In reading over that list, who knew I was a proud boy? Sound like regular patriotic Americans to me.

Online Hoodat

Sound like regular patriotic Americans to me.

Which is why Democrats hate them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In reading over that list, who knew I was a proud boy? Sound like regular patriotic Americans to me.
Sounds the same to me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

We agree on something for the 2nd time. I am glad you are coming around to my way of thinking.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black Chairman of Proud Boys Speaks Out after Liars Joe Biden and Chris Wallace Call Them White Supremacists
By Jim Hoft
Published September 30, 2020 at 9:21pm

For months now violent leftists, antifa terrorists and Black Lives Matter have been torching businesses, terrorizing communities, shooting cops, looting stores and rioting in cities across America.

But at last night’s debate Chris Wallace demanded that President Trump denounce white supremacist violence in our streets. And Joe Biden added that Trump needed to condemn the white supremacist Proud Boys group.

This was an atrocious lie.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/black-chairman-proud-boys-speaks-liars-joe-biden-chris-wallace-call-white-supremacists/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RedHead

How many regular patriotic Americans get labeled as extremist groups by the FBI?

Online Hoodat

How many regular patriotic Americans get labeled as extremist groups by the FBI?

How many people feel the need to repeat two-year-old lies about the Proud Boys being labeled an extremist group by the FBI?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/08/fbi-says-proud-boys-are-not-an-extremist-group-after-all/

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How many people feel the need to repeat two-year-old lies about the Proud Boys being labeled an extremist group by the FBI?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/08/fbi-says-proud-boys-are-not-an-extremist-group-after-all/

Twisted the kitty's head right off there.... :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RedHead

I stand corrected.  I'm sure they're a standup group of guys. </sarcasm>

Offline skeeter

This frantic focus on indiscernible white supremacist groups by the rat media is surreal, given we’ve been watching left wing groups burn beat and kill their way through US cities for five months now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This frantic focus on indiscernible white supremacist groups by the rat media is surreal, given we’ve been watching left wing groups burn beat and kill their way through US cities for five months now.

Those lefties are the animals the Rats, and their willing accomplices in the press, are trying to call "white supremacists."
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Black Chairman of Proud Boys Speaks Out after Liars Joe Biden and Chris Wallace Call Them White Supremacists
By Jim Hoft
Published September 30, 2020 at 9:21pm

@mystery-ak

Wouldn't it be GREAT if Trump were to tell the audience at his next rally that he was a fan of the racist leader of the racist "Proud Boys",and called him up on stage to say a few words?

AND.......that he did it when the tv cameras were running?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Consider the Communists at the SPLC have been deemed "experts" as to who is or isn't a "hate group" or "extremist" on the Right, and that they have fed the Federal Government their version of who is or isn't an extremist or hate group, and I have little doubt that there are quite a few who have been lumped in with the relatively few really nasty groups out there. Note Wallace included "Militia" groups in his insistence on denouncement and Biden deflected blame from the Communists and anarchists of Antifa.

The obvious point being that the Communists would have the president denounce any patriotic American group in an attempt to verbally trap him into having to take action against people who would defend their lives and country from the internal attacks that have been going on in leftist cities.

That the head of the FBI is denouncing patriotic groups comes as no surprise. He should be replaced.

But underlying all this is the tendency for the SPLC to label anyone on the right and vocal as a "hate group" or an "extremist group" laying the groundwork for calling them racist as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

I stand corrected.  I'm sure they're a standup group of guys. </sarcasm>

And this boys and girls is a textbook example of leftist dishonesty.  In this situation, a person of integrity would recognize the discrepancy between their claim and truth, acknowledge their claim was not factual, use the opportunity to set the record straight, and make an effort in the future to incorporate this newly discovered truth in shaping their arguments.

But not with liberals who detest truth.  They fail to acknowledge that their claim is bogus, offering instead some snide retort and hoping that their next effort to troll some Conservative website with the same lie will not be challenged as it has been here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And this boys and girls is a textbook example of leftist dishonesty.  In this situation, a person of integrity would recognize the discrepancy between their claim and truth, acknowledge their claim was not factual, use the opportunity to set the record straight, and make an effort in the future to incorporate this newly discovered truth in shaping their arguments.

But not with liberals who detest truth.  They fail to acknowledge that their claim is bogus, offering instead some snide retort and hoping that their next effort to troll some Conservative website with the same lie will not be challenged as it has been here.

That was as good a summary I've seen of the sentiments expressed in the post you quoted.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

yeah, it was a pretty limp deflection.

Offline RedHead

What part of "I stand corrected" did you not understand?

Just because I was wrong about the white supremacy, and freely admitted my error, doesn't mean that I can't think that they are anything but low-life thugs.  How much more truthful do I need to be?