Author Topic: Biden: Police Need 'A Psychologist or Psychiatrist to Keep Them From Having to Use Force'  (Read 473 times)

rangerrebew

Biden: Police Need 'A Psychologist or Psychiatrist to Keep Them From Having to Use Force'
By Susan Jones | September 30, 2020 | 8:23am EDT

(CNSNews.com) - Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden said at Tuesday's debate he's "totally opposed to defunding police officers," but he does like the idea of pairing psychologists or psychologists with officers "to keep them from having to use force."

Biden was responding to a question from debate moderator Chris Wallace, who asked him about a recommendation from the Biden-Bernie Sanders task force to "re-imagine policing."

https://cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/biden-police-need-psychologist-or-psychiatrist-keep-them-having-use

rangerrebew

Should they have a shrink in each patrol car, 24/7, to tell the cops what to do in every situation? :tongue2:

Offline andy58-in-nh

Good thing he didn't choose a career in law enforcement. Reality would have rendered him impotent. Or dead.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline dfwgator

Offline roamer_1

*****rollingeyes*****
Actually I am all for this.

Considering that LEOs are reactionary by and large, using force escalation as needed...
And considering we have way too many psychologists and psychiatrists already...  Sure... Throw that shrink forward at a ranting criminal crackhead... It will give the cop a second to get his feet set. 

And against a true criminal... I know a shrink is generally not thick protection... But about anything helps to slow the bullets down...  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
*****rollingeyes*****
Actually I am all for this.

Considering that LEOs are reactionary by and large, using force escalation as needed...
And considering we have way too many psychologists and psychiatrists already...  Sure... Throw that shrink forward at a ranting criminal crackhead... It will give the cop a second to get his feet set. 

And against a true criminal... I know a shrink is generally not thick protection... But about anything helps to slow the bullets down...  :whistle:
Oh, I'd bet there are shrinks thicker than 24 sheets of drywall....that should help.

Have they designed a shrink launcher for those sticky hostage situations yet? :police:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

Here's the craziest part... about half the audience were nodding their heads in agreement.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Should they have a shrink in each patrol car, 24/7, to tell the cops what to do in every situation? :tongue2:

At least a social worker.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Oh, I'd bet there are shrinks thicker than 24 sheets of drywall....that should help.

Have they designed a shrink launcher for those sticky hostage situations yet? :police:

you keep bringing me back around to punkin chunkin season...  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

Here's the craziest part... about half the audience were nodding their heads in agreement.

Yeah right... they all know better... Like masculinity being toxic until the robber is in the house... Then they want all the toxic masculinity they can get.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is the height of liberal groupthink - Just explain to violent people and reason with them and they will be good.

My daughter is a Social Worker living in Seattle who worked CPS for awhile.

She quit her job as CPS was called on to place themselves into harm's way in domestic disputes before the police arrived, even in violent situations.

She felt unsafe.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington