Author Topic: 5 Times Joe Biden Dissed Bernie Sanders and the Radical Left During the First Presidential Debate  (Read 115 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
5 Times Joe Biden Dissed Bernie Sanders and the Radical Left During the First Presidential Debate

Hannah Bleau 30 Sep 2020

Joe Biden (D) attempted to put some distance between himself and the radical left, effectively dissing Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and dismissing his wing’s policy proposals — from the Green New Deal to Medicare for All — several times during the first presidential debate Tuesday evening.

Many progressives reluctantly accepted Biden securing the Democrat nomination despite two far-left progressives — Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Sanders, making headway throughout the process. During the primary, Sanders earned the endorsement of the far-left members of the “Squad,” such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), who recently expressed hope that the radical left will be able to push Biden even farther to the left, should he take the presidency.

“I think, overall, we can likely push Vice President Biden in a more progressive direction across policy issues,” the New York lawmaker told Just the News in an interview earlier this month.

“There are some areas where we just fundamentally disagree, but that’s okay. I think it’s important to acknowledge that we can have, in some cases, very large disagreements — it doesn’t mean that we’re trying to undermine the party or undermine each other,” she added. “It means that we’re trying to do what’s best for people in the country.”

However, despite embracing radical progressive ideas in the past, as seen in the Biden-Sanders “Unity” Platform, the former vice president struck a different tone throughout the debate, attempting to distance himself from the Bernie Bros.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/30/5-times-joe-biden-dissed-bernie-sanders-and-the-radical-left-during-the-first-presidential-debate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34