Author Topic: Dismiss the case of Michael Flynn By Jonathan Turley  (Read 122 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dismiss the case of Michael Flynn By Jonathan Turley
« on: September 30, 2020, 02:49:29 pm »
Dismiss the case of Michael Flynn
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 09/29/20 09:00 AM EDT

When Michael Flynn heads to court for his final sentencing hearing today, a lifetime of respected national service will hang in the balance on what is said and done. I am not talking about Flynn but of Judge Emmet Sullivan. There is no issue over the dismissal of the charge of Flynn lying to federal investigators. The only issue is whether, just before an election, Sullivan will use the hearing as a forum for injudicious commentary.

I have practiced law for years before Sullivan and praised him for his demeanor and record as a judge. He has served with distinction since 1994 in cases ranging from Guantanamo Bay detainees to the flawed prosecution of Ted Stevens to the emails of Hillary Clinton.

Then came the case of Flynn, who was charged with a single count of lying to federal investigators. Such a charge ordinarily would result in a short sentencing hearing. Flynn fought the charge but, after exhausting his assets and facing threats by prosecutors to target his son, he agreed to plead to one count. Even the uncooperative witness like Alex Van Der Zwaan received only 30 days in prison on a similar charge related to the investigation by former special counsel Robert Mueller.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/518700-dismiss-the-case-of-michael-flynn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Dismiss the case of Michael Flynn By Jonathan Turley
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 11:15:35 pm »
The Sullivan judge has some kind of personal agenda and he's not going to let Mr. Flynn go.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat one more time:
The president should Pardon Mr. Flynn.

And he should do so with a public statement that it's intended to be more than "just a pardon per se", but also to serve as a rebuke to the judge who is distorting this case. And add that the presidential pardon power will be used in the future on other cases where not only judges but prosecutors are in violation of the good faith and spirit of the law, as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:28:09 pm by Fishrrman »