Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: First 2020 Presidential Debate  (Read 10690 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: LIVE THREAD: First 2020 Presidential Debate
« Reply #425 on: September 30, 2020, 01:05:43 pm »
Chris Wallace Faces Intense Backlash, Including From Colleagues, Over Bias During Debate

A neat compendium of the prevailing opinions from the right.

This debate was 90 minutes of Wallace unplugged, doing all he could to help Biden get through.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #426 on: September 30, 2020, 01:27:05 pm »
In this idiocracy of a country, no.

I saw him twice during the debate mysterously touching an area around his right clavicle.  Kind of a strange place or area for a  pain, itch, or discomfort unless you have a crick in your neck or are having a stroke.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 01:50:08 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #427 on: September 30, 2020, 01:47:46 pm »
TRUMP takes 40 states in the Electoral College in November.

From your keyboard to God's ear!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #428 on: September 30, 2020, 02:08:09 pm »
I was upset watching Trump constantly interrupt, etc, but I think it was an effective strategy.  Trump kept his base, for they love the scraper, but Biden lost some of the BERN SUPPORTERS tonight, and AOC supporters with his flip flop on the Green New Deal, his denial of Antifa, his inability to name one policing group, he was completely flat footed, and when his homeboy asked about stacking the Supreme Court, he refused to answer that and other questions.  He appeared weak, looked like an old man that left his rocker for a long night.  I dare say, he lost millions of votes.
Doing this kept Biden being able to listen to what his handlers were saying to him.

I think Trump wanted no dead spots during debate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #429 on: September 30, 2020, 02:11:40 pm »
@dfwgator

I think we are all going to see a VERY different Trump,come the next debate. Don't forget,at heart,Trump has made millions from being a salesman,not a bully. He is going to look at copies of the debate and see what he has to change in order to better "sell" himself to the voters the next time,and that is what he WILL do.

Everybody talks about Trump's ego,but from what I have seen that more of a tool he uses to unsettle his enemies while trying to work out a deal than anything else. He is going to learn from his mistakes,and it will be a different Trump we see at the next one.

As for Pence and Harris,I think Pence is going to destroy her. Remember,she is a product of AA,and not used to actually competing on a level playing field like an open debate.
There won't be a 'next debate'.

Only reason why Biden didn't destroy himself was Wallace kept him from doing so by cutting him off.

The plan will likely be Biden self isolates himself because he came in contact with Covid and then come out of the basement after the debate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #430 on: September 30, 2020, 02:19:49 pm »
I think Trump's performance borders on *overkill*...I expect his poll numbers to drop after last night.

Like I said last night, there will be no more debates...which is good for Trump...he needs to get out there, hold more rallies and put this behind him...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #431 on: September 30, 2020, 02:22:34 pm »
Trump is for energy independence, and if EVs help accomplish it in the future, it's worth looking into.
There is zero chance EV's do anything of the sort, now or in the future.  It is nothing but a scheme to build wealth for certain buddies of politicians.

Time to Pull the Plug on Electric Vehicle Handouts for the Rich
https://www.heritage.org/renewable-energy/commentary/time-pull-the-plug-electric-vehicle-handouts-the-rich

And EV's do nothing to achieve energy independence.  They consume energy, and are not very efficient in doing that either.  There is a reason gasoline and diesel internal combustion engines have been around such a long time.

« Reply #432 on: September 30, 2020, 02:26:17 pm »
The Trump campaign made a mistake lowering expectations for Biden's mental capacity and performance. If they do the same thing with Harris they will get their ass handed to them again.

Harris is a a skilled prosecutor and they better respect her ability to debate... :shrug:
All Pence has to do is to get her to engage into one of her cackling laughs to demonstrate how abnormal a person she is.

http://youtu.be/YNzpaM3F2xg

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #433 on: September 30, 2020, 02:27:03 pm »
There is zero chance EV's do anything of the sort, now or in the future.  It is nothing but a scheme to build wealth for certain buddies of politicians.

Time to Pull the Plug on Electric Vehicle Handouts for the Rich
https://www.heritage.org/renewable-energy/commentary/time-pull-the-plug-electric-vehicle-handouts-the-rich

And EV's do nothing to achieve energy independence.  They consume energy, and are not very efficient in doing that either.  There is a reason gasoline and diesel internal combustion engines have been around such a long time.

The biggest and most underreported aspect of this scandal  is Elon Musk's ability to build a $400B market cap company on the backs of the U.S. taxpayers.

All while keeping the most lucrative and high potential investment Space-X private among a few of his friends and cronies.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 02:28:51 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #434 on: September 30, 2020, 02:28:18 pm »
vbspurs @vbspurs
I’ll just put this out here:
What does it say that two British NeverTrumpers like me and Andrew Sullivan took away a largely favourable impression of Donald Trump’s debate performance last night, than most of his supporters did?
8:50 AM · Sep 30, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #435 on: September 30, 2020, 02:43:46 pm »
Did anyone hear Biden this morning before boarding the train in Cleveland?  It was a sad performance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #436 on: September 30, 2020, 02:51:32 pm »
Did anyone hear Biden this morning before boarding the train in Cleveland?  It was a sad performance.

No..I don't have the tv on....what did he say?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #437 on: September 30, 2020, 02:55:43 pm »
CHIZ @CHIZMAGA
What is that by his wrist?
1:50 AM · Sep 30, 2020

IV line? Electronic wiring?  Doesn't look like a pen to me, even though that's what some are saying.

Edit:

:shrug:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:03:12 pm by mountaineer »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #438 on: September 30, 2020, 02:56:59 pm »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #439 on: September 30, 2020, 02:59:41 pm »
‘Who Would You Like Me To Condemn? Give Me A Name’: Trump Snaps At Chris Wallace
https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/29/condemn-white-supremacy-give-me-a-name-trump-snaps-chris-wallace/
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #440 on: September 30, 2020, 03:02:26 pm »
No..I don't have the tv on....what did he say?

He mentioned Scranton a half dozen times.  Repeated the lie of not meeting Jill until 5 years after his first wife died.  Said that Trump had sent millions of blue collar jobs overseas.  Claimed to stand for working families (by raising their taxes), saying that he had been a blue collar guy his whole life.  .  Did you know Joe was from Scranton?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #441 on: September 30, 2020, 03:02:51 pm »
Fox's Kilmeade: Trump 'ruined the biggest layup' in debate history 'by not condemning white supremacists'
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/518928-foxs-kilmeade-trump-ruined-the-biggest-layup-in-debate-history-by-not
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #442 on: September 30, 2020, 03:04:34 pm »
Fox's Kilmeade: Trump 'ruined the biggest layup' in debate history 'by not condemning white supremacists'
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/518928-foxs-kilmeade-trump-ruined-the-biggest-layup-in-debate-history-by-not

Which is equally "gaffe-y" as Biden saying Antifa doesn't exist.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #443 on: September 30, 2020, 03:06:49 pm »

But... he did. I don't get Kilmeade's point. Trump just wasn't going to allow Wallace to change the subject away from Antifa.

This headline plays right into the left's BS narrative.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:07:47 pm by skeeter »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #444 on: September 30, 2020, 03:08:49 pm »
Biden is using Amtrak as the transportation vehicle for his campaign.  Which means that other riders will be delayed as the train makes extended stops it would ordinarily not make.

Offline verga

« Reply #445 on: September 30, 2020, 03:09:08 pm »
I think Trump's performance borders on *overkill*...I expect his poll numbers to drop after last night.

Like I said last night, there will be no more debates...which is good for Trump...he needs to get out there, hold more rallies and put this behind him...
This was exactly what my fear was. "look at Nasty Orange man beating up on that sickly old man"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #446 on: September 30, 2020, 03:10:34 pm »
But... he did. I don't get Kilmeade's point. Trump just wasn't going to allow Wallace to change the subject away from Antifa.

This headline plays right into the left's BS narrative.

There is a very strange un true meme that Chris Wallace is centralist or right of center.  Maybe because he works for Fox.  Truth of the matter is, that he is the son of one of the most far left journailst back in the '60's, and the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #447 on: September 30, 2020, 03:13:06 pm »

Wallace said 'white supremacist groups AND militia groups'.  Rather than making a generalized statement that would malign decent militia groups while omitting black supremacist groups, Trump demanded specifics.  And Wallace failed to identify a single one.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #448 on: September 30, 2020, 03:46:50 pm »
A large % of "Proud Boys" are black - gunowning, patriotic black folks. So much for white supremacists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #449 on: September 30, 2020, 03:55:56 pm »
A large % of "Proud Boys" are black - gunowning, patriotic black folks. So much for white supremacists.

That needs to get out there.  I don't know much about the Proud Boys,  but I do know they are not a White Supremacist organization.