Author Topic: Rural Pennsylvania turns more red, but is it enough for Trump?  (Read 111 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rural Pennsylvania turns more red, but is it enough for Trump?
« on: September 27, 2020, 09:07:48 pm »
Rural Pennsylvania turns more red, but is it enough for Trump?
by Salena Zito, National Political Reporter |
 | September 27, 2020 12:00 AM

BETHEL PARK, Pennsylvania — Just a few short months ago, if you drove down Baptist Road in this middle-class southern suburb of Pittsburgh, it would have been hard to miss the Bernie Sanders shrine filling the yard of a tidy, yellow-brick ranch home in the neighborhood. There was the life-size cutout of the former presidential candidate, a large "FEEL THE BERN" homemade sign along the berm of the road, a few "Bernie 2020" and "Get Berned" signs, as well as a lively decorated mailbox plastered with Bernie bumper stickers.

Sometime between the Pennsylvania primary in June (when Democratic voters gave Joe Biden their support) and last week, the shrine came down, replaced by one lone yard sign reading "GIANT METEOR 2020."

Sometimes, disappointing primary election results frustrate voters so much they walk away from their party’s nominee. They traditionally decide to do one of three things: sit it out, vote third party, or join the opposing party.

Few hope for a meteor to strike the Earth as an option — but hey, it’s 2020, and we all get it.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/rural-pennsylvania-turns-more-red-but-is-it-enough-for-trump?utm_source=Salena+Zito&utm_campaign=30a875e6ce-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_09_27_10_46&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_06ac76b2f8-30a875e6ce-407550983
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Rural Pennsylvania turns more red, but is it enough for Trump?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 11:07:52 pm »
I drive along Baptist Road in Bethel Park frequently, but not in the past few weeks, so I don't know about campaign signs there. (Thankfully, I missed the Bernie shrine).

But I can say that many other communities in southwestern Pennsylvania - traditional union enclaves, hardscrabble working class neighborhoods - are festooned with Trump signs and flags, and NOT Biden paraphernalia. Even the humblest little 900 square foot house in Avella, Pa., is decorated with pro-Trump stuff. It's fascinating.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org