Author Topic: Booker says he will ask Coney Barrett if she will recuse herself from presidential election-related  (Read 424 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Booker says he will ask Coney Barrett if she will recuse herself from presidential election-related cases
By Zack Budryk - 09/27/20 12:36 PM EDT

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) said Sunday that he would meet with Judge Amy Coney Barrett, President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, and would ask her whether she was willing to recuse herself from cases relating to the 2020 election.

“I think you know my spirit, which is to sit down and meet with people and talk to them. And I'm going to make it very clear. One of the things I want to ask her is will she recuse herself in terms of any election issues that come before us because if she does not recuse herself, I fear that the court will be further delegitimized,” Booker, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Booker also echoed his Democratic colleagues in voicing concerns that Barrett, if confirmed, would vote to overturn the Affordable Care Act.

“What ... President Trump's nominee has put up is that she will tear down the Affordable Care Act,” Booker said.

more w/video
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/518494-booker-says-he-will-ask-coney-barrett-if-she-will-recuse-from
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

There's a clever idea. Why not have Kavanaugh and Gorsuch recuse themselves, too.

In fact, no need to involve SCOTUS at all. Just have the Speaker of the House adjudicate any election issues that pop up.

Offline Hoodat

Did Ginsburg recuse herself from cases brought by the ACLU?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I trust Ms. Barrett will reply to Spartacus Booker:
"I will consider each case that's put before me, Senator. Thank you very much."