Author Topic: Ask Stew: Getting Ready to Move from Infantry to Special Ops  (Read 135 times)

rangerrebew

Ask Stew: Getting Ready to Move from Infantry to Special Ops
« on: September 26, 2020, 10:34:21 am »

Ask Stew: Getting Ready to Move from Infantry to Special Ops

Military.com | By Stew Smith

Spending four years or more in the infantry is tough work. With the miles and load bearing required of your feet and body, you can develop some common imbalances that often lead to injury. Injuries to shoulders, lower back and knees are too common in the tactical professions and the need to supplemental training that helps you correct overcompensating postures is critical to both your future tactical and personal life. Here is a question from a young man in the Marine infantry who has desires to transfer into Navy SEAL training after his initial four year contract.

Hey Stew - I am currently in the Marine Corps (infantry). I have one year left in the Marine Corps and I want to move to the Navy and become a SEAL. I don't know where to start. I have pretty bad mobility in my hips and my shoulders are rolled forward. Should I fix my hips and shoulders then begin, or will I be fine going straight into training for BUDS while trying to correct my mobility problems? Many thanks, Ed

https://www.military.com/military-fitness/ask-stew-getting-ready-move-infantry-special-ops

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ask Stew: Getting Ready to Move from Infantry to Special Ops
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 03:33:30 pm »
Ed needs to stop and consider that WANTING to do something and being able to obtain that goal are not the same thing. The ONLY guarantee is that you get to make the attempt,and many,many people fail.

If he enlists in the Navy in order to attend BUDS training to become a SEAL and flunks out,he ends up having to serve years as a regular sailor. Mo betta to stay in the Marines and volunteer for Force Recon.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!