Author Topic: Woah. Video Surfaces of Joe Biden Calling Our Troops 'Slow, Stupid Bastards'  (Read 238 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Woah. Video Surfaces of Joe Biden Calling Our Troops 'Slow, Stupid Bastards'

https://pjmedia.com/election/megan-fox/2020/09/25/woah-video-surfaces-of-joe-biden-calling-our-troops-slow-stupid-bastards-n969946

If the media unearthed a video of Donald Trump calling our military “stupid bastards,” do you think it would be running 24/7 on every cable news station? You bet it would. What are the chances, however, that this video of Joe Biden doing exactly that will ever get played on CNN?

Now, I know what you’re thinking: “That could be doctored.” Sure it could. That was my first thought as well. But then I went searching for the full context and found the whole video. It doesn’t appear doctored in the full video (below at the 1:51 mark). Further, the video was uploaded in January of 2017, years before anyone knew Biden was running for president. In fairness, it’s impossible to tell now what is or is not a deep-fake video. If evidence is presented that casts doubt on the veracity of this video, we would certainly report that. So far, no one has disputed its legitimacy.

I also reflexively wondered whether the few-seconds clip I saw/heard might be doctored.  What I first saw/heard lacked context and cut off immediately after the comment. This blogpost has a ~3 minute piece of the Biden speech.

Watching Biden's hand movements before and during the comment, his lips, and the echo-y quality of the sound before, during, and after, I think it's genuine and that Biden was having one of his famous what-was-he-THINKING?! foot-in-mouth moments. And maybe a Freudian slip?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 11:19:43 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

'Slow, Stupid Bastards'..  get that man a mirror.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden response team says Biden calling U.S. troops ‘stupid bastards’ to their faces was just a joke
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/26/biden-response-team-says-biden-calling-u-s-troops-stupid-bastards-to-their-faces-was-just-a-joke-977118
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign has confirmed the accuracy of a recently resurfaced video showing him jokingly calling military troops “stupid bastards” and “a dull bunch” during a trip overseas, but said that they were made in jest as a way to garner greater applause for a female service member’s commitment to the country.

“Vice President Biden was jokingly encouraging the audience to clap for an airwoman on the stage, and a number of service members can be seen laughing and smiling at the comment. Seconds before, he praised them for 'the incredible sacrifices [they] make for our country,’” Biden campaign spokesperson Andrew Bates told The Daily Beast exclusively in a statement. ...

Biden then attempted to crack a few jokes. “And I want you to know notwithstanding what you may hear about me, I have incredibly good judgment. One, I married Jill. And two, I appointed Johnson to the academy. I just want you to know that. Clap for that, you stupid bastards. (Applause.) Come on, man. Man, you are a dull bunch. Must be slow here, man. I don't know,” he said.  ...
Daily Beast

Lame.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org