Author Topic: Republicans prep lightning-quick Supreme Court confirmation  (Read 435 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Republicans prep lightning-quick Supreme Court confirmation
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:04:39 pm »
Politico
By BURGESS EVERETT
09/25/2020 12:19 PM EDT

The Senate is taking America for one last turbulent ride before the election.

President Donald Trump’s Saturday announcement of his Supreme Court pick will spark a lightning-quick confirmation attempt by Senate Republicans that now seems almost certain to occur before the election. After Trump’s reveal, Senate Judiciary Chair Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is expected to quickly lay out a hearing schedule for October, and the nominee will begin meeting with individual senators next week, according to senators and aides.

(more)
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/25/senate-gop-supreme-court-confirmation-421667
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 11:06:05 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Republicans prep lightning-quick Supreme Court confirmation
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 12:24:14 pm »
the Rats have shown, time and again, the only purpose of hearings is to sow false stories and try to trip people up.  I'd like to see McConnell bypass the Judiciary Committee and take it straight to the floor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 02:20:48 pm »
the Rats have shown, time and again, the only purpose of hearings is to sow false stories and try to trip people up.  I'd like to see McConnell bypass the Judiciary Committee and take it straight to the floor.

Me too.  CN you imagine Schumers reaction.  He might poop a blood vessel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 02:23:16 pm »
Lindsey needs some facetime as he is an election battle.

He might win if he shows his grit here.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 03:02:57 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

I suspect that is exactly what he will do. The Dims are going to bitch,scream,and roll around on the floor pulling their hair out either way,so why not?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 03:03:57 pm »
Me too.  CN you imagine Schumers reaction.  He might poop a blood vessel.

@Wingnut

Be still my beating heart!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 03:06:01 pm »
Lindsey needs some facetime as he is an election battle.

He might win if he shows his grit here.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Lady Lindsey damn sure has the mental ability to back them up against a wall,and since he needs to cover his ass with the Republicans gaining power again,it wouldn't surprise me if he does just that.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 05:52:13 pm »
I'd like to see McConnell bypass the Judiciary Committee and take it straight to the floor.
This is being discussed openly a lot in public media and will likely happen.
Especially since she has already been through hearings and has already been vetted by Congress.
Why do it again? Except to stall for time, slander, and theatrics?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 06:06:39 pm »
I agree, nothing in the Constitution, requires hearings.

*edited because i can't spell worth shite
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:08:48 pm by verga »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.