Author Topic: President Trump selects Judge Amy Coney Barrett to succeed Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, sources say  (Read 730 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sources in a position to know say he will advance Judge Barrett to become the next SC Justice.

Looking for a link to post.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:51:46 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump plans to pick Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ginsburg on court
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 10:53:08 pm »
Trump plans to pick Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ginsburg on court
By Alexander Bolton, Morgan Chalfant and Brett Samuels - 09/25/20 05:39 PM EDT

President Trump will nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court on Saturday barring any last second change, multiple people familiar with the process confirmed to The Hill.

Two sources with knowledge of the process said that Barrett is the pick, barring any change of Trump’s mind before Saturday evening’s announcement in the White House Rose Garden.

A Republican official said Trump began informing allies on Capitol Hill of his intention to nominate Barrett, a judge on the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/518319-trump-plans-to-pick-coney-barrett-to-replace-ginsburg-on-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Just got the word on my FOX news feed.

Awesome! The world just changed.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Words out on Trumps SC choice.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 10:54:44 pm »
We all knew it would be a woman. That shuts down the Left's 'rape allegations machine' in its tracks.
I am sure the Dems were praying it would be a male. Also, it will be a tiny bit more difficult for the Liberals to smear a woman.
Not that it will stop their smear machine in the least.
Dems/Liberals/Communist are like piranhas. Black/White, Gay/Straight, Male/Female anything, they don't care.
If they perceive you as an enemy, they will eat you alive regardless of how many 'Get out of Jail Free' cards you may hold.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 11:07:33 pm »
Also, it will be a tiny bit more difficult for the Liberals to smear a woman.

Watch them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 11:17:54 pm »
We all knew it would be a woman. That shuts down the Left's 'rape allegations machine' in its tracks.
I am sure the Dems were praying it would be a male. Also, it will be a tiny bit more difficult for the Liberals to smear a woman.
Dems/Liberals/Communist are like piranhas. Black/White, Gay/Straight, Male/Female anything, they don't care.
If they perceive you as an enemy, they will eat you alive regardless of how many 'Get out of Jail Free' cards you may hold.

@240B

Not really. They will just get Dim women to do all the criticizing,and the males will stay quiet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 11:23:57 pm »
@240B

Not really. They will just get Dim women to do all the criticizing,and the males will stay quiet.
Yes of course. But they can't do a Kavanaugh on her, claiming unsubstantiated vague rape charges from 30+ years ago.
I'm sure the Dems are disappointed by the choice. They were praying for an Old White Man who they could rip to shreds with unfounded smears.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And the collective Liberal banshee wail begins.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 11:24:49 pm »
@240B

If the rats can smear a black man to hell and back in today's social environment they can smear anyone.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Be prepared for Barrett to be portrayed as a Stepford Wife intent on turning America into the Handmaid's Tale.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

"What greater thing can you do than raise children?"

“That's where you have your greatest impact on the world.”

-Amy Coney Barrett
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 01:32:28 pm »
It is a woman because no woman who served in the history of the Supreme Court was conservative.

We needed one, and desperately.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Anybody who thinks things through should have seen Ms. Barrett as the replacement for Ginsburg since back about the time of the Kavanaugh nomination.

Now... with Ms. Barrett nominated by Mr. Trump, the ball is knocked into Mitch McConnell's "court".

Mr. McConnell ought to announce a firm schedule for hearings/confirmation.

Hearings should be kept SHORT -- two or three days at most, and NO DELAYS for whatever reason. Ms. Barrett was just vetted through hearings in 2017, so it shouldn't take much to "bring her up to speed" for the last three years.

You know she's going to be attacked primarily for her religion and for the adopted children -- better get both potential issues vetted COMPLETELY. And I DON'T CARE about the Constitutional provision of "no religious tests" -- the democrat-communists are going to use this as an attack vector, and it should be confronted.

Mr. McConnell should also set a tentative date for the final confirmation vote, last 2-3 days of October at the latest.
AND STICK TO IT -- don't let any of the Pubbies go wobbly on you, Mitch.

Get Ms. Barrett confirmed on October 30, and get her sworn in on November 1st or 2nd in as auspicious a ceremony that can be arranged.

If the Pubbie Senators do this, it will give their constituents "something to vote FOR" on November 3rd...