Author Topic: Attrition: Landmine Casualties Increase  (Read 125 times)

rangerrebew

Attrition: Landmine Casualties Increase
« on: September 25, 2020, 12:21:40 pm »

September 19, 2020: In Yemen abandoned landmines have been a problem for decades. In early 2018 Saudi Arabia began another major effort to remove landmines and unexploded munitions. Since then over 183,000 mines and unexploded munitions have been removed. There is still a lot of work to do because the Shia rebels, whose 2014 rebellion triggered another civil war, have planted over half a million landmines since then and retrieved few of them when they retreat. The Shia rebels received Iranian technical advice and components to build their own anti-personnel and anti-vehicle mines. In addition, the rebels have put dozens of Iranian naval mines into the Red Sea in an effort to disrupt ship traffic to Saudi ports and the Suez Canal. Mine clearance will go on for years after the fighting stops and there is no end in sight for the fighting because Iran continues to get weapons and advisors through to the Shia rebels.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20200919.aspx

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Attrition: Landmine Casualties Increase
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 12:24:21 pm »

September 19, 2020: In Yemen abandoned landmines have been a problem for decades. In early 2018 Saudi Arabia began another major effort to remove landmines and unexploded munitions. Since then over 183,000 mines and unexploded munitions have been removed. There is still a lot of work to do because the Shia rebels, whose 2014 rebellion triggered another civil war, have planted over half a million landmines since then and retrieved few of them when they retreat. The Shia rebels received Iranian technical advice and components to build their own anti-personnel and anti-vehicle mines. In addition, the rebels have put dozens of Iranian naval mines into the Red Sea in an effort to disrupt ship traffic to Saudi ports and the Suez Canal. Mine clearance will go on for years after the fighting stops and there is no end in sight for the fighting because Iran continues to get weapons and advisors through to the Shia rebels.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20200919.aspx
Just tell BLM and ANTIFA that white cops shot a black crook there....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis