Author Topic: President Trump Announces ‘Born Alive’ Executive Order at National Catholic Prayer Breakfast  (Read 321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 President Trump Announces ‘Born Alive’ Executive Order at National Catholic Prayer Breakfast

The Born-Alive Infant Protection Act has been introduced countless times in Congress, but has failed to become law.

Christine Rousselle/CNA Nation
September 23, 2020

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced an executive order that would require medical care be given to infants who are born alive after failed abortion attempts.

“Today I am announcing that I will be signing the Born-Alive Executive Order to ensure that all precious babies born alive, no matter their circumstances, receive the medical care that they deserve. This is our sacrosanct moral duty,” said Trump Sept. 23, speaking in a pre-recorded video address during the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast virtual even.

The Born-Alive Infant Protection Act has been introduced several times in Congress, but has failed to become law. The bill stalled in the House of Representatives in 2019-2020 because an insufficient number of members signed a discharge petition which would have triggered a vote on the bill.

The proposed law would not have created any new limit or restriction on access to abortion, but would require that infants born alive after an attempted abortion be given appropriate medical care consistent with that given to a child of the same gestational age born under a different circumstance. Several states have passed their own version of the bill.

The full text of the executive order has yet to be released, but is expected to mirror the attempted federal legislation on the issue.

more
https://www.ncregister.com/news/president-trump-announces-born-alive-executive-order-at-national-catholic-prayer-breakfast
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Team Trump (Text VOTE to 88022)
@TeamTrump

At the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast, President @realDonaldTrump announced he will sign the Born-Alive Executive Order!

Video:

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1308812740614664192

12:57 PM · Sep 23, 2020·Twitter Media Studio

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

The Born-Alive Infant Protection Act has been introduced several times in Congress, but has failed to become law. The bill stalled in the House of Representatives in 2019-2020 because an insufficient number of members signed a discharge petition which would have triggered a vote on the bill.

I other words, there are a lot of coward Republicans out there who fear the wrath of Planned Parenthood.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

I other words, there are a lot of coward Republicans out there who fear the wrath of Planned Parenthood.

My disgust with the GOP grows with each one of these EOs. This should have happened in congress years ago.