Author Topic: Trump campaign says it doesn't need to win Florida — but will win Florida  (Read 218 times)

Offline corbe

Trump campaign says it doesn't need to win Florida — but will win Florida

by Rob Crilly, White House Correspondent
September 22, 2020 12:48 PM

The Trump campaign sees a path to winning reelection — even if it loses Florida.

Having redrawn the electoral map in 2016, the argument runs that he can get away with losing both Arizona or Florida and still clinch 270 Electoral College votes.

“Now, by no means do we think the president is not going to carry Florida, in fact,” said Nick Trainer, the director of battleground strategy, cutting off his own train of thought during a recent briefing with journalists — before he, in turn, was cut off mid-sentence by campaign manager Bill Stepien.

“Let me say it again: The president will win Florida,” said Stepien.

So, the president does not have to win Florida. He can get by with expanding his map in the Midwest. But he will win Florida. Get it?

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-campaign-says-it-doesnt-need-to-win-florida-but-will-win-florida
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I declare b.s.   Trump needs FL to win.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

The Trumpers will be along shortly to tell you to:

@libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I declare b.s.   Trump needs FL to win.

Agreed.   An he should.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

The Trumpers will be along shortly to tell you to:

@libertybele

Dare I say again, that I still think Trump may not take FL and may have problems in TX?   DeSantis who was backed by Trump very narrowly won by 0.4% and demographics in TX have significantly changed.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RedHead

Trump campaign says it doesn't need to win Florida — but will win Florida

Yeah, they do.  I don't see a path if they don't take Florida.  They've pretty much written off Michigan and if they lose Florida then they're at 260.  Wisconsin, Arizona, and Pennsylvania are all toss-ups that could easily swing to Biden.  I don't know where they make up the difference.