Author Topic: This Is Amy Coney Barrett, The Potential RBG Replacement Who Hates Your Uterus  (Read 606 times)

Offline libertybele

Here's what's coming and what can be expected from the leftists.  Yes, it's a Yahoo article, but they are reporting the radical bat crap crazy liberal mindset!

This Is Amy Coney Barrett, The Potential RBG Replacement Who Hates Your Uterus

With a vacant seat in the U.S. Supreme Court following the Friday passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, President Donald Trump says he is determined to fill her spot, vowing to nominate a new judge as early as this Friday or Saturday. “I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman,” Trump said during a Sept. 19 rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, just one day after Ginsburg died and her family stated that she hoped “not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

While rumored nominees include Barbara Lagoa of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta, and fellow appeals court judge Allison Jones Rushing, there is one woman who appears to be the frontrunner to flip RBG’s seat: Judge Amy Coney Barrett. And with her name making the top of nearly every speculative list, many are now wondering who Barrett is and what she really stands for.

Amy Coney Barrett currently serves the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago, a position she was appointed to by Trump in 2017. A Notre Dame Law School graduate, she began her career in 1998 as a clerk for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. Under his tutelage, Barrett honed conservative beliefs, including standing against abortion, and has been described as Scalia’s “ideological heir.”

According to those who have studied her career more closely, like Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List anti-abortion political group, Barrett is “a woman who brings the argument to the court that is potentially the contrary to the views of the sitting women justices.” And by all accounts, this appears to be true, and Barrett plans to continue Scalia’s anti-abortion legacy.........

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amy-coney-barrett-potential-rbg-192532438.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Nice to see no hysteria on Yahoo's part.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

The media doesn't even try to hide it anymore.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why is it the left will say this:  " Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List anti-abortion political group,"  rather than "Pro-Life"    And in the same breath will describe  Abortion advocates as "Pro-Choice".

Oh and I stopped reading the Yahoo hit piece after that sentence.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Even if Trump gets his third pick on the Supreme Court, we still do not have five votes to end abortion.  Roberts will NEVER agree to end abortion.  I do not know if it is true, but one of the talking heads said yesterday that Kavanaugh is NOT opposed to abortion.  If that is the case, we need another justice to change that vote.

Offline libertybele

Even if Trump gets his third pick on the Supreme Court, we still do not have five votes to end abortion.  Roberts will NEVER agree to end abortion.  I do not know if it is true, but one of the talking heads said yesterday that Kavanaugh is NOT opposed to abortion.  If that is the case, we need another justice to change that vote.

We need to add a very constitutional conservative on the bench period. I believe that Kavanaugh is anti-abortion.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/09/brett-kavanaugh-shows-true-colours-in-supreme-court-abortion-dissent
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I understand what you are saying.

It means mountains though to have a woman on the Supreme Court vote against this monstrosity, and might be enough to cause the wishy-washy men to rethink.

I remind everyone there has not ever been a woman on that court that opposes abortion.  And one sitting there now is a supposed Catholic yet supports the killing of innocents.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Reads like The Onion.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But...but...I don't have a uterus. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

But...but...I don't have a uterus. :shrug:

Well, if you really try, you can identify with having one.  Same thing these days, I'm told.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, if you really try, you can identify with having one.  Same thing these days, I'm told.
No thanks, I don't need all those 'punctuation marks' and hot flashes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis