Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez: Impeachment of AG Barr, Trump on the Table to Stop SCOTUS Pick  (Read 488 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez: Impeachment of AG Barr, Trump on the Table to Stop SCOTUS Pick

Pam Key 21 Sep 2020

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Sunday night at a joint press conference with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) called on Democrats to buy time with procedural tools which she said could include impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump and Attorney General William Barr.

Earlier in the press conference, Ocasio-Cortez said, “We must also commit to using every procedural tool available to us to ensure that we buy ourselves the time necessary. We must commit to allowing and considering and utilizing every single procedural tool available to us again to buy that time.”

When a reporter asked if buying time could include impeachment of President Trump or Attorney General Barr, Ocasio-Cortez said, “Well, I think I am. I believe that certainly, there has been an enormous amount of law-breaking in the Trump administration. I believe that Attorney General Barr are is unfit for office am, and I am that he has pursued potential we are breaking he here. That being said, this is these are procedures that are in decisions are largely up to house Democratic leadership. But I believe that I also we must consider all the tools available to our disposal and that all of these options should be entertained and on the table.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/21/ocasio-cortez-impeachment-of-ag-barr-trump-on-the-table-to-stop-scotus-pick/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LottieDah

Oh stuff a sock in it AOC.  To call you a POS is a compliment.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is clearly stated intent to prevent the POTUS from fulfilling the duties of his office, which has been the gambit all along. 

How did this bartender get this much influence?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

This is clearly stated intent to prevent the POTUS from fulfilling the duties of his office, which has been the gambit all along. 

How did this bartender get this much influence?
weird isn’t it - suddenly this brainless twit is calling the shots. Whether or not our republic survives depends upon a handful of radical knuckleheads. Strange times.

Offline Smokin Joe

weird isn’t it - suddenly this brainless twit is calling the shots. Whether or not our republic survives depends upon a handful of radical knuckleheads. Strange times.
Yeah, when I tended bar anyone spewing such nonsense would be quietly cut off (as in "do not serve") and if they made a big fuss, told to leave.

Instead, she's telling Congress what to do?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online ironhorsedriver

Doesn't there actually have to be probable cause of something, to impeach. I guess we're to the point that following the Constitution and/or doing the duties of the President are grounds to impeach, unless your a Dem.

Offline Smokin Joe

Doesn't there actually have to be probable cause of something, to impeach. I guess we're to the point that following the Constitution and/or doing the duties of the President are grounds to impeach, unless your a Dem.
That's because the Dems have been running off of Mao's Little Red Book...

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HuskyPatriot

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I love the fact AOC is the present day architect of the Democommie Party.  She generates more Republican votes than Pelosi these days.  The Dems are busy gerrymandering her district into oblivion, and it will not happen fast enough for them, but I love her.  I hope she runs against Schumer and kicks his butt.  She will help the Republican Party more than any other in America.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Ocasio-Cortez: Impeachment of AG Barr, Trump on the Table to Stop SCOTUS Pick
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 12:32:30 am »
Smokin' Joe wonders:
"How did this bartender get this much influence?"

Bartenders... bus drivers... some of 'em have a way of "movin' up", it seems...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Ocasio-Cortez: Impeachment of AG Barr, Trump on the Table to Stop SCOTUS Pick
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 12:36:08 am »
jafo wrote:
"I hope she runs against Schumer and kicks his butt."

I expect her to challenge Schumer in 2022.
I'll bet one her arguments against him will be, "he was head of the Senate and did nothing to stop the replacement of Ruth Ginsburg with a conservative justice...."

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 12:45:30 am »
She needs to run for senate in order to run for POTUS in 2024.  I see her running in 2024 or 2028.  She is the future of the Democommie Party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 06:53:17 am »
Somebody needs to tell that dingbat that we do not yet live in the communist world of her dreams,and that she needs to move to North Korea,where she would be VERY happy.

Somebody let me know if she needs airfare.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 06:54:48 am »

@skeeter

Well,she IS from NYC,so she MUST be smarter than the rest of us,right? After all,that is where almost all the money paid to teebee talking heads comes from.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 09:15:44 am »
How does impeachment stop him appointing justices AOC?

How does impeaching Barr stop that?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2020, 04:28:18 pm »
How does impeachment stop him appointing justices AOC?

How does impeaching Barr stop that?
Shhhhhh! (It doesn't, but she apparently doesn't know that.)

The longer her train is on this track, the less harm she does somewhere else.... :whistle:

C S Lewis