Author Topic: Fmr AG Holder: ‘Additional Justices’ Needed on Supreme Court if Trump Appointment Confirmed  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fmr AG Holder: ‘Additional Justices’ Needed on Supreme Court if Trump Appointment Confirmed

Jeff Poor 19 Sep 2020

Saturday, during an appearance on MSNBC’s “PoliticsNation,” former Attorney General Eric Holder told host Al Sharpton if Republicans succeeded in confirming a replacement for Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg appointed by President Donald Trump, a future Democrat Senate majority along with Joe Biden, if he is elected president, should consider “court reform.”

According to Holder, such a measure would mean adding justices to the Supreme Court.

“You would put in place — if this is allowed to happen, a 6-3 court,” he said. “And with all the issues you have talked about, you would have a conservative majority — or illegitimate conservative majority on the court ruling on the matters that will affect the nation for generations to come. One of the realities is if Merrick Garland had been confirmed, as he should have been, there would have been a progressive majority for the past three years. And think what about that meant. So I think if, if in fact, they are successful in placing a justice on the court, I think that what Democrats have to do, assuming that Biden is president and there is a Senate majority for the Democrats, we need to think about court reform. And at a minimum, as part of that reform package, I think additional justices need to be placed on the Supreme Court.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/19/fmr-ag-holder-additional-justices-needed-on-supreme-court-if-trump-appointment-confirmed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Two of my favorite people, Holder and Sharpton.  Both of them should be in prison, but for some reason justice does not always find the white collar criminals and put them away.

Good people are dead because Holder is dumber than a petrified rock, that is dumber than a stump and dumber than a box of rocks.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Didn't FDR try this?  How'd that work out?   :smokin:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excuse me? Did Eric "The Red" open his pie hole again?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HuskyPatriot

To counter the legitimate and lawful act of an elected president if a replacement for the supreme court passes, you change the very structure of the court to dilute its effectiveness and perhaps give your political leanings an edge??   "High School politics."    And a very dangerous precedent, if they try!  What else is up for grabs???