Author Topic: Trump's Supreme Court court pick likely to be Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa: reports  (Read 465 times)

rangerrebew

Trump's Supreme Court court pick likely to be Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa: reports
Both women are conservative Roman Catholics
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Two names have been emerging from the list of Supreme Court contenders President Trump is said to be considering following the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, according to reports.

Judges Amy Coney Barrett in Chicago and Barbara Lagoa in Atlanta are said to top the list.

Trump told a North Carolina rally crowd Saturday night that he intended to nominate a woman to succeed Ginsburg, who died Friday at age 87 after a battle with pancreatic cancer.

"It will be a woman -- a very talented, very brilliant woman," Trump said of his potential choice. "I think it should be a woman. I actually like women much more than I like men.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-supreme-court-court-pick-likely-to-be-amy-coney-barrett-or-barbara-lagoa-reports

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump and the Senate best get it done swiftly, or face losing in November!

Offline verga

i Prefer Barrett, but either will do.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
i Prefer Barrett, but either will do.

I much prefer Barrett as well. Mainly because she is not a graduate of one of the Ivy League schools of law.  I've had quite enough of that group think!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:39:25 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I prefer that it is done swiftly.  Three weeks max from nomination announcement works for me.

AND I TRUST REPUBLICANS VOTE OUT ANY INCUMBENT THAT DOES NOT STAND WITH THE PARTY AND NOMINATION. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

Do it! While neither one,nor anyone else,is perfect in MY mind,I am fine with either one.

I will even go so far as to say the one not picked should be given SERIOUS consideration for the next SC seat that comes open.

Who knows,maybe we will get lucky again,and Roberts will get ran over by a bus while crossing the street one day soon?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I prefer that it is done swiftly.  Three weeks max from nomination announcement works for me.

AND I TRUST REPUBLICANS VOTE OUT ANY INCUMBENT THAT DOES NOT STAND WITH THE PARTY AND NOMINATION. 

@jafo2010

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Tomorrow,if possible.

Offline verga

@rangerrebew

Do it! While neither one,nor anyone else,is perfect in MY mind,I am fine with either one.

I will even go so far as to say the one not picked should be given SERIOUS consideration for the next SC seat that comes open.

Who knows,maybe we will get lucky again,and Roberts will get ran over by a bus while crossing the street one day soon?
Sadly, I believe that Justice Thomas will be the next to leave. I saw a recent picture of him and this past year has aged him.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sadly, I believe that Justice Thomas will be the next to leave. I saw a recent picture of him and this past year has aged him.

@verga

Here it is so early in the day I haven't even eaten breakfast yet,and you just ruined my day.

Offline verga

@verga

Here it is so early in the day I haven't even eaten breakfast yet,and you just ruined my day.
Mea Culpa. Hey don't forget I was wrong about Trump 4 years ago.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Can't we get him Ginsburg's preservationis, er, doctors?

Offline corbe

Justice Thomas also graduated from Columbia. Save Barbara Lagoa for his seat since the USSC nominees seem to be all about some type of tradition these days.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Justice Thomas has made his desire to retire plain for some time and after Trump is re-elected he will have that opportunity.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Trump and the Senate best get it done swiftly, or face losing in November!

888high58888