Author Topic: Surprising Fox News voices tell Tucker it may cause too much unrest if Trump replaces RBG: ‘We’re be  (Read 833 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Surprising Fox News voices tell Tucker it may cause too much unrest if Trump replaces RBG: ‘We’re being held hostage’
September 19, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

Fox News personalities offered differing opinions and reactions to the death of Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Friday, with at least two of them surprisingly suggesting that it might be better for the country if her replacement was named after the election.

In a segment on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in which the host noted that GOP Sens. Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska have previously said they would not support voting for a new justice this close to an election or even during the “lame duck” period should President Donald Trump lose, Brit Hume — Fox News’ senior political analyst — was asked to comment.

Hume began by noting that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the panel where the eventual nominee will be vetted before he or she is advanced to the full Senate for a vote, said in 2018 he wouldn’t support advancing a replacement even during the primaries.

He then said that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would support advancing a nominee even in an election year, under certain circumstances — such as if the Senate and the White House were both controlled by the same party, as they are now.

But, Hume warned, conditions in the country are extremely volatile at present, meaning that advancing a nominee now might trigger a cataclysm.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/19/surprising-fox-news-voices-tell-tucker-it-may-cause-too-much-unrest-if-trump-replaces-rbg-were-being-held-hostage-974328
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slide Rule

Things must be worse at Fox than I thought if Brit Hume advises against conservative principle.

I have long admired Hume. Sorry he is wimping out for fear of what a bully can do. He has worked
for a long time and can walk away if he wishes, or if Fox decides he should. In the meantime he
should stand like the patriot he has always been. If they asked him to leave he could give an
unvarnished spot on Soros.

Slide Rule

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I categorize Brit Hume as a "Never Trumper".

He doesn't want to be banned from the invitation list.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
America is going to have this battle at some point regardless.

The Left is not going to compromise, therefore there is no reason to back down from them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I say put the nominee out there and hold senate hearings.  Let the Democrats do what they do best: impugn character, cry like stuck pigs, delay and distract, etc.  If the evil party wins back the presidency and senate after that, then the American people will have the government they deserve.

Very clearly, looking at what would happen if the Democrats win both the senate and presidency, this election is conservatism's last stand.  They have made the agenda for 2021 and beyond very clear: eliminate the filibuster, enact socialized medicine, accept statehood for Puerto Rico and DC, relax immigration enforcement, allow voting for anyone living or dead, raise taxes and spending.

The country will have one-party rule for at least a generation, and the economy will evolve into something like Greece, Venezuela or California.  I did not believe all the hyperbole about this being the most consequential election of my lifetime before this, but I do now.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 02:13:21 pm by massadvj »

Offline skeeter

It's not 'surprising', sadly. FNC has been slowly morphing into just another legacy news media channel for awhile now.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I say put the nominee out there and hold senate hearings.  Let the Democrats do what they do best: impugn character, cry like stuck pigs, delay and distract, etc.  If the evil party wins back the presidency and senate after that, then the American people will have the government they deserve.

Very clearly, looking at what would happen if the Democrats win both the senate and presidency, this election is conservatism's last stand.  They have made the agenda for 2021 and beyond very clear: eliminate the filibuster, enact socialized medicine, accept statehood for Puerto Rico and DC, relax immigration enforcement, allow voting for anyone living or dead, raise taxes and spending.

The country will have one-party rule for at least a generation, and the economy will evolve into something like Greece, Venezuela or California.  I did not believe all the hyperbole about this being the most consequential election of my lifetime before this, but I do now.

@massadvj

:yowsa:,to every word you wrote.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's not 'surprising', sadly. FNC has been slowly morphing into just another legacy news media channel for awhile now.

@skeeter

That's what you get when you get Corporate Rule.

The FACT that it is the political left promoting this just proves THEY are the fascists,not the Republicans.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

That's what you get when you get Corporate Rule.

The FACT that it is the political left promoting this just proves THEY are the fascists,not the Republicans.

Some liberal friends are mewling about republican 'hypocrisy' if Trump tries to push ahead with his nomination.

Their righteous indignation now over precedent is especially hilarious in view of rat behavior - Crossfire Hurricane, impeachment, Covid - these past few years. No sale, cupcakes.

Offline PeteS in CA

First rule of dealing with bullies: Do NOT knuckle under to bullies!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The Left is not going to compromise, therefore there is no reason to back down from them.

That is how I feel also.  If not now...when?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

This match will not be postponed.

Remember what Frederick the Great said: ''L 'audace, I'audace! Toujours I'audace!''

Offline Absalom

Remember what Frederick the Great said: ''L 'audace, I'audace! Toujours I'audace!''
-----------------------
Indeed, as Alexander's audacity was the anchor of his strategic vision.
It would change the dynamics of this electoral fight by riveting the
attention of those passive or uninterested in the election.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Remember what my 2nd Cousin Billy Ray said; "Hold my beer and watch this"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Remember what my 2nd Cousin Billy Ray said; "Hold my beer and watch this"

@Wingnut

You misspelled "mah".

Wadda yew,sum kinda yankee?

Offline Wingnut

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Things must be worse at Fox than I thought if Brit Hume advises against conservative principle.

I have long admired Hume. Sorry he is wimping out for fear of what a bully can do. He has worked
for a long time and can walk away if he wishes, or if Fox decides he should. In the meantime he
should stand like the patriot he has always been. If they asked him to leave he could give an
unvarnished spot on Soros.

Slide Rule
Once you give into bullies or negotiate with terrorists, you lost.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bilo

:amen:

Never reward a spoiled child having a temper tantrum.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

The Pubs are done if they don't stand together and confirm the nominee.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Once you give into bullies or negotiate with terrorists, you lost.

@IsailedawayfromFR

When you take the man's money,you haul the man's water.

Offline skeeter

The Pubs are done if they don't stand together and confirm the nominee.

At least as far as Collins is concerned, her best chance for re-election lies in standing fore square behind the president's pick. The rats in Maine will vote against her no matter what she does - showing a spine might just get her more republican support.

Offline bilo

At least as far as Collins is concerned, her best chance for re-election lies in standing fore square behind the president's pick. The rats in Maine will vote against her no matter what she does - showing a spine might just get her more republican support.

I agree.

The case is clear why confirming a nominee is the responsible thing. If for no other reason, the nominee needs to be confirmed so when the lawsuits start contesting the election there is at least a 5-4 vote. If the court votes 4-4 the country suffers.

Collins, Murkowski, Romney are the 3 Pubs I think will fail us. If one more doesn't stand with the party that's it for the Pub party and the Republic.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I wonder if it would make sense to put forth a nominee,  but offer not to ask the Senate to confirm until after the election if Biden puts up a nominee too.    The trick may be get each to put up a nominee so folks can make a fair choice..   If Trump sticks his neck out and nominates someone,  the whole focus of the rest of the campaign becomes trashing that name.   Meanwhile the Dems sail because they offer just a  nameless alternative,  that everyone can project their wishes on.   

Get both Biden and Trump to name names,  I say.    Might be useful to know.   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:42:11 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wonder if it would make sense to put forth a nominee,  but offer not to ask the Senate to confirm until after the election if Biden puts up a nominee too.    The trick may be get each to put up a nominee so folks can make a fair choice..   If Trump sticks his neck out and nominates someone,  the whole focus of the rest of the campaign becomes trashing that name.   Meanwhile the Dems sail because they offer just a  nameless alternative,  that everyone can project their wishes on.   

Get both Biden and Trump to name names,  I say.    Might be useful to know.
There is nothing constitutional about what you propose.

Only Trump has the authority from that document to nominate someone for the Supreme Court, and any other action like trying to control the Senate by delay or inviting a nomination from someone not the President is like Ruthies request on her deathbed to stay the Constitution from actions it permits to happen.  These are dangerous, out of touch actions which subvert the document we have that runs this country.

We are not in fairy land making 'wishes'.  We elected representatives to perform their duties, not abandon them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.  WE HAVE A REPUBLICAN POTUS AND SENATE.  THEY ARE WELL WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS TO REPLACE GINSBERG, AND ANY REPUBLICAN INCUMBENT UP FOR RE-ELECTION THAT FAILS TO SUPPORT THE NOMINEE WILL LOSE THEIR ELECTION IN NOVEMBER.  COUNT ON IT!!!