Author Topic: Amy Barrett — Immediately, If Not Sooner  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amy Barrett — Immediately, If Not Sooner
« on: September 19, 2020, 01:27:39 pm »
 Amy Barrett — Immediately, If Not Sooner
President Trump has the right nominee at the right moment in American history.

by Scott McKay
September 19, 2020, 2:35 AM

When Ruth Bader Ginsburg died Friday evening, she did so with a message for posterity which, for all the history that Ginsburg might have made as a woman on the Supreme Court, was pristine in its self-description of her time on the Court.

“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,” she said.

The arrogance of that was par for Ginsburg’s course.

The fact that Republican women haven’t been represented on the Supreme Court since Sandra Day O’Connor rankles a bit; you’ve got to offer big parts of your base role models when you can.

Yes, yes, Ruth Bader Ginsburg lived an interesting life, and yes, yes, she was an accomplished woman. Those things are beside the point. It is neither ghoulish nor inappropriate to look to the future of the United States Supreme Court upon her death rather than pay tribute to the life she lived. After all, that life was for all practical purposes long since over months ago, when Ginsburg chose to spend her time on death’s door occupying space on the Supreme Court in an effort to outlast President Trump. And Ginsburg invited us to do just that with the unfortunate quote referenced above.

That her gambit failed, despite practically every responsible pundit and political voice in the country either whispering or shouting the lack of wisdom involved in Ginsburg persisting on the court long after she should have recognized her failing health and retired, is not the fault or responsibility of President Trump.

She was 87 years old, for crying out loud. Were Trump to be re-elected, did she honestly expect to linger on the Supreme Court until she was 91? Or 92? In her failing health?

more
https://spectator.org/amy-barrett-immediately-if-not-sooner/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Amy Barrett — Immediately, If Not Sooner
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 01:40:08 pm »
Ginsburg made a bet that Hillary Clinton would be elected. So it wouldn't matter if she, Ginsburg, didn't retire at an opportune time for Dems.
She lost. Now there's a good chance another conservative will be added to the court.
If that happens, a good many liberals now publicly praising her life  will privately be cursing her. She will have let down the revolution.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 01:56:43 pm »
I've had a night to sleep on things.  This is exactly the correct course in my mind.  It needs to be Amy Coney Barrett. 

-------

Ginsburg really blew it for the Dems - their idolatry of her notwithstanding.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 08:47:30 pm »
Gee, sounds like Mr. McKay has been readin' my posts right here at the briefing room:

yesterday evening:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,414791.msg2288157.html#msg2288157

today:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,414791.msg2288581.html#msg2288581

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 08:51:15 pm »
I've had a night to sleep on things.  This is exactly the correct course in my mind.  It needs to be Amy Coney Barrett. 

-------

At only 48, she might be on the court over 40 years.

Let's make it happen.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 08:57:21 pm »
All I can say is go nuclear.

The Dems already have and it is time they were joined head on.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 09:21:56 pm »
All I can say is go nuclear.

The Dems already have and it is time they were joined head on.
Exactly. They won’t hold back no matter what the GOP does. It’s past time we copped the same attitude.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 09:41:18 pm »

-------

Absolutely agree! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Coney_Barrett
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 09:53:24 pm »
   My Money's on Barbara Lagoa.  Female, Cuban and most importantly the 29 EV's of Florida.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 10:16:10 pm »
Ginsberg:  “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed”

My most fervent wish is that a judge would be bound by the law and the Constitution in rendering decisions instead of subverting them by abusing their judicial power to impose their will on the nation.  And in that regard, Ginsberg let me down her entire career.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 10:18:34 pm »
   My Money's on Barbara Lagoa.  Female, Cuban and most importantly the 29 EV's of Florida.

I thought that too.  This move might wrap that state up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 10:21:27 pm »

Democrats will complain that she is not Hispanic enough, like they did with Miguel Estrada.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 10:34:42 pm »
   She looks like a cross between Tiffany and Ivanka.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 10:44:13 pm »

She would be a good tactical move, certainly. Much more difficult to attack with long knives. Hispanic female in a must win state filled with Hispanics.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 10:59:43 pm »
"My Money's on Barbara Lagoa.  Female, Cuban and most importantly the 29 EV's of Florida."

NO !!!

This woman doesn't even have experience in the federal court system.
She is a state court judge (regardless of position).

NO !!!

Don't select her because of the state.
She is at this point un-vetted -- that will slow things down.

Amy Coney Barrett has gone through the vetting process as a federal court appointee as recently as 2017. It should be easy and quick to get any further vetting finished, and get her into the hearing environment.

Seems to me she was #2 or #3 on the list last time.
Move her up front -- Ms. Barrett is the perfect "replacement" for Ginsburg.