Author Topic: Romney backs pre-election Supreme Court vote, paving way for McConnell, Trump  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Romney backs pre-election Supreme Court vote, paving way for McConnell, Trump
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2020, 08:07:36 pm »
I must admit I was somewhat pleased to have read the Obituary.  I thought the full State Funeral to be a bit over the top, though.  Everybody there named "McCain" were shameless in banging the cup for that.

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Romney backs pre-election Supreme Court vote, paving way for McConnell, Trump
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2020, 09:54:43 pm »
I don't really trust Romney, but at least he's taking the first step here towards doing the right thing on the upcoming Court fight.

This will further isolate Murkowski and Collins.

I sense that pressure from her constituents and a close race (in which she is behind but MIGHT have a chance at winning if she votes "aye") may "turn" Collins to our side.

Murkowski is lost to us.

Having said that, I'm thinking that Joe Manchin of WV is going to vote "aye", too.
We'll see.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2020, 10:19:31 pm »
That's possible. I saw several interviews of him (non-political) -- faith and family are extremely important to him.  IMHO I still think he's going to put his disdain for Trump aside for pro life. I would be surprised if there is more to his coming forward and saying he would back a vote for the Supreme Court than just that. 

Yes, he went against Trump on impeachment because that is the stance he believed in -- not necessarily because it was anti-Trump (supposedly).

Yes, Mittens has been a disappointment, more liberal than I ever thought, but again, there is a chance for the courts to vote pro life and I think he's in.
We all saw the same thing for the pro-life Congressman Bart Stupak when he had the chance to block Obamacare due to his supposed avowed commitment against abortion.

He folded like a cheap suit when he got the chance to look like a hero to the Dems, and Romney will do the same.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2020, 11:00:01 pm »
We all saw the same thing for the pro-life Congressman Bart Stupak when he had the chance to block Obamacare due to his supposed avowed commitment against abortion.

He folded like a cheap suit when he got the chance to look like a hero to the Dems, and Romney will do the same.

Thanks for reminding me about Bart Stupid.  Traverse City can do better.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: