Author Topic: It's time to end the lie that a person with a knife is basically 'unarmed'  (Read 200 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 15, 2020
It's time to end the lie that a person with a knife is basically 'unarmed'
By Andrea Widburg

Part of what kept the Jacob Blake frenzy alive on the left was the fact that he did not have a gun.  The media and their paramilitary fighters on the street imply that the fact that Blake had a knife was inconsequential.  To them, he was unarmed.  The same thing is happening with Ricardo Munoz's death in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  A police officer shot Munoz when the latter came after him with a knife.  In reality, close-contact knife attacks are horrific and are just as deadly as bullets from afar.

The facts are uncontested: the police got a call from Munoz's family that he was off his schizophrenia medicines.  They tried calling Crisis Intervention (i.e., the people leftists insist will take over future policing), only to have the Crisis Intervention people direct them to the police.  Within seconds of the first police officer to arrive coming to the front door, Munoz, who had stabbed four people in 2019, rushed at him with a large knife.  The police officer, while fleeing, shot him:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/its_time_to_end_the_lie_that_a_person_with_a_knife_is_basically_unarmed.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: It's time to end the lie that a person with a knife is basically 'unarmed'
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 04:23:08 pm »
September 15, 2020
It's time to end the lie that a person with a knife is basically 'unarmed'
By Andrea Widburg

Part of what kept the Jacob Blake frenzy alive on the left was the fact that he did not have a gun.  The media and their paramilitary fighters on the street imply that the fact that Blake had a knife was inconsequential.  To them, he was unarmed.  The same thing is happening with Ricardo Munoz's death in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  A police officer shot Munoz when the latter came after him with a knife.  In reality, close-contact knife attacks are horrific and are just as deadly as bullets from afar.

The facts are uncontested: the police got a call from Munoz's family that he was off his schizophrenia medicines.  They tried calling Crisis Intervention (i.e., the people leftists insist will take over future policing), only to have the Crisis Intervention people direct them to the police.  Within seconds of the first police officer to arrive coming to the front door, Munoz, who had stabbed four people in 2019, rushed at him with a large knife.  The police officer, while fleeing, shot him:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/its_time_to_end_the_lie_that_a_person_with_a_knife_is_basically_unarmed.html

@mystery-ak

She is half-right. It is ONLY white people with knives that are considered to be armed.

Blacks with knives are unarmed.

She needs to git wid de new ment-tality.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 04:24:25 pm »
The issue should not be whether a person is armed or not. The issue should be whether the person is acting in a threatening manner.

I always carry a knife with my keys and hardly any change in my pocket anymore. I can't remember when I started carrying. It had to be very early in elementary and possibly even in Kindergarten.

I once got stopped by a policeman. Me and 2 buddies were about to get back in my car and the policeman stopped to see what we were up to. It was winter and I had a jacket on. I was cold and kept putting my hands in my pockets. The policeman would yell  for me to get my hands outta my pockets.  A while later he'd see I had my hands back in my pockets and he'd yell more emphatically. When he frisked me he found a knife in my pants pocket and another in my coat pocket. He shook them at me yelling "You were going to stick me with those!" One of my friends at that point just broke out laughing. Well, he laughed at everything that young policeman said to us. And then we were let go.

The issue should definitely not be whether one is armed or not.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 04:52:38 pm »
I always carry a knife with my keys and hardly any change in my pocket anymore. I can't remember when I started carrying. It had to be very early in elementary and possibly even in Kindergarten.

ANY working guy has a knife on him. No matter what, I have a Shrade Old Timer Papa Bear (the biggest folding lock blade they make) on me at all times, wedged in the corner of my right rear pocket... It fits right alongside my wallet, and the wallet works to keep it upright and easy to get at.

I also always carry my sliver-gitter - A wicked sharp little 3 blade ranch style pen knife in my right front pocket. And normally, a leatherman is on my belt, and if I am out in the woods or pastures, and for sure if I am walking off, there's a big-ass bowie hanging on my belt too, along with a bushcraft/camp/companion knife...

I know there is an 'armed' component - I know I am armed. And I would not hesitate a minute to draw a knife in defense. But that's not what them knives are about. In the main, they are just tools that I need on me every day. And there is not a day, hardly ever, that I don't use them.

I can't imagine a world where a man is without a knife. Cannot even fathom it.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 05:01:57 pm »
Like everything else it matters what you do with it. Not the mere fact of having it. Be it a gun, knife, hammer, bat, etc...