Author Topic: 5 ways the military is an absurdist organization  (Read 149 times)

rangerrebew

5 ways the military is an absurdist organization
« on: September 15, 2020, 01:30:19 pm »
 5 ways the military is an absurdist organization

Angry Staff Officer
    18 hours ago

Most people think of the military as a no-nonsense place, where everyone is filled with rigid discipline and chock-full of common sense. And while that might be the image that we often like to have portrayed of ourselves, there’s a lot more that goes on that would definitely elicit a few, “WTFs” if they were to occur in the civilian world.

Let’s be honest: we’re more than a little absurd sometimes. I suppose that’s bound to happen in an organization that still makes people wear hats whenever they’re outside and where adults yell at each other if their hands are in their pockets, though.

https://taskandpurpose.com/mandatory-fun/five-ways-the-military-is-absurd

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: 5 ways the military is an absurdist organization
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 01:41:51 pm »
Yes, the military can be and is quite "absurdist".  Some of those things they're whining about exist within the civilian sector.  I had to take a piss test prior to employment and some still do.  We also police up around flightlines, airplanes and such...it's part of preventing damage to airplanes.

But there's nothing more annoying, or should I say, absurd, than a page claiming to know of all things military yet can't properly identify USAF airmen vs. soldiers, nor spell cord (chord) correctly among other things.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.