Author Topic: Journalism Is Dead... by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.  (Read 82 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Journalism Is Dead... by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
« on: September 09, 2020, 01:58:35 pm »
 Journalism Is Dead
And it won’t be buried in a military cemetery.

by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
September 9, 2020, 12:00 AM

Washington

As the editor of a magazine that back in 1993 struck the first major blow in destroying the reputation of a president, I think I should have something to say about blackening the reputation of Donald Trump. After all, back in the early 1990s Bill Clinton was apparently widely esteemed as the Virgin President candidate. Today he is hiding under his bed in Chappaqua, fearing what might be revealed when the next batch of documents are revealed in the Jeffrey Epstein–Ghislaine Maxwell scandal.

In The American Spectator’s two Troopergate articles of the early 1990s, we established that Bill Clinton preyed upon women flagrantly. Those pieces were the most devastating exposés on a sitting president ever to be published in American history. Of course, the mainstream media rejected them despite the fact that they relied on the testimony of Bill’s bodyguards. How does the old saying go? No man is a hero to his valet? Well, apparently it does not apply to the governor of Arkansas.

At the Spectator we were called liars, fabricators, and worse by seasoned journalists who apparently believed that Bill would not break the Sixth Commandment or the Ninth Commandment or, much less, tamper with George Washington’s cherry tree.

Today, almost two decades later, the depiction of Bill Clinton and his lovely wife Bruno as respectively a womanizer and an enabler is pretty much taken as a matter of fact even by the mainstream media. Though no journalist I know of ever credits The American Spectator for blowing the whistle on Bill or credits the Arkansas troopers for risking their necks by telling the truth about him and Hillary. For that matter, I cannot think of any of the women who stepped forward to tell their story of the Clintons’ ruthlessness toward them receiving credit. However, I can remember James Carville talking about trailer camp trash with respect to one of the women, Paula Corbin Jones.

more
https://spectator.org/journalism-is-dead/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34