Author Topic: Gordon Chang warns China 'configuring its military to kill Americans'  (Read 487 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Gordon Chang warns China 'configuring its military to kill Americans'

The United States shouldn't be enriching "a hostile regime" that is "configuring its military to kill Americans," China analyst Gordon Chang said Monday.

In an interview on Fox News, Chang expressed support for President Trump's consideration of completely decoupling the U.S. economy from China, calling the move "absolutely a good idea."

"China is configuring its military to kill Americans," Chang told "Bill Hemmer Reports."

"We shouldn’t be enriching a hostile regime with our trade and with our investment. I believe that decoupling is what we absolutely have to do especially this year."

Chang's comments follow a recent Pentagon report suggesting that China is planning to double its stockpile of nuclear warheads in this decade -- including those designed for ballistic missiles and that can reach the U.S. The report adds a time clock to Trump's decision, Chang said.

"[President] Xi Jinping has been talking increasingly about this notion that China has a mandate of heaven to rule the world," Chang explained. "They [beleive that they] not only have the right to do it, they have the obligation to do it.

"I think China believes it needs to move fast and that means we’re going to see problems not in the 2030s, we’re going to see problems now."
    — Gordon Chang, Fox News

"He’s become very specific about this in public and so have his officials, which means that they are trying to change the international system, not to compete within it," Chang said.........

https://www.foxnews.com/world/gordon-chang-warns-china-configuring-its-military-to-kill-americans
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

Re: Gordon Chang warns China 'configuring its military to kill Americans'
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 11:29:24 pm »
China, a threat to the US? C'mon Man.

Our guys could be in for a hard row depending upon who wins in November.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 11:41:04 pm »
Gee ... anyone really think that the Chinese virus was an accident?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 12:27:21 am »
Where has Hunter been?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 02:15:08 am »
China, a threat to the US? C'mon Man.
Our guys could be in for a hard row depending upon who wins in November.
-----------------------------
Intuitive.
Chang is a chronic/compulsive neurotic about Chinese power, mostly imagined.
Great military leaders/powers down through history have been European. A FACT!
A reflection from history:
Around 1850, Matthew Perry sailed into Tokyo Harbor w/his hand extended and an offer of
friendship/trade between Japan and the USA.
It revolutionized Japan, previously another introverted and backward Asia nation who then opened their eyes and looked around the world.
What they saw some 6,000 miles to their west, was a similar small island nation, then the ranking economic, military and political power in the world, dating back to the Roman Empire.
It galvanized Japan to change, so they then became the ranking Asian power till Pearl Harbor.
Incidentally, they kicked China and Russia's ass continuously for the following century.
Someone alert Chang!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:24:40 am by Absalom »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 06:05:38 am »
Chang is not a neurotic.  China is the single greatest threat to the USA moving forward over the next 40 years.  Your assessment on Japan has what relevance?  NONE!  China is no more the same nation it was 100 years ago than Japan.