Author Topic: Back when Joe Biden was still coherent, he once joked about China helping him become president  (Read 112 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Back when Joe Biden was still coherent, he once joked about China helping him become president
September 5, 2020 | Vivek Saxena

Current Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden once made a joke about Chinese President Xi Jinping helping him in his own future bid to become president of the U.S.

The joke was made at the U.S.–China Strategic and Economic Dialogue in early July of 2013, roughly four months after then-Vice President Xi succeeded then-President Hu Jintao, thus becoming modern China’s 5th president.

Listen from the 3:02 mark below:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

“You know, we meet at a time of transition on both sides. China has a new president and new leaders. I’ve had the great pleasure and honor of spending a fair amount of time with President Xi when President Hu and President Obama thought the two vice presidents could, should get to know one another,” Biden’s joke at the event began.

“And we ended up spending about 10 days together, five in each of our countries, traveling around, and you get to know someone fairly well.”

Next came the punchline: “When I congratulated him on his elevation, I asked if he could possibly help me. But he made no commitment whatsoever.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/05/back-when-joe-biden-was-still-coherent-he-once-joked-about-china-helping-him-become-president-968570
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34