Author Topic: Team Trump needs to pay more attention to Texas  (Read 223 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Team Trump needs to pay more attention to Texas
« on: September 05, 2020, 01:32:34 pm »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/4/team-trump-needs-to-pay-more-attention-to-texas/

Growing Hispanic population means long-term challenge for the GOP

By Michael McKenna - - Friday, September 4, 2020

For the first time since 1976, the sovereign republic of Texas is a toss-up in the presidential election, although you would never know it by the way the campaigns are acting.

In 2016, President Trump won Texas with 52.2% of the vote, and he appeared to win about 34% of the Hispanic vote. This compares with the 43.2% that Democratic rival Hillary Clinton received.

But that outcome masks an uncomfortable reality for Republicans. Texas has become — like many other previously blue and red states — competitive. For example, in the 2018 election, Sen. Ted Cruz won his Senate race with 50.2% of the vote, beating then-Rep. Beto O’Rourke (remember him?) by about 215,000 votes of more than 8 million cast.
The good news for Mr. Trump, and probably the difference in November in Texas, is that Sen. John Cornyn is on the ballot. A winner of five statewide races, including three times for senator, he is a well-known and deservedly well-regarded public servant. Mr. Cornyn currently leads by double digits in most surveys, and it is reasonable to expect that he will win by 7-10 points.
Eventually, however, the Republicans are going to need a long-term answer with respect to Texas.

More at URL above...

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Team Trump needs to pay more attention to Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 07:23:43 pm »
Why?  Isn't Ted Cruz THE SENATOR THERE and so many are a fan of Ted's?   I AM....NOT. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 07:46:15 pm »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/4/team-trump-needs-to-pay-more-attention-to-texas/

By Michael McKenna - - Friday, September 4, 2020

For the first time since 1976, the sovereign republic of Texas is a toss-up in the presidential election, although you would never know it by the way the campaigns are acting.

In 2016, President Trump won Texas with 52.2% of the vote, and he appeared to win about 34% of the Hispanic vote. This compares with the 43.2% that Democratic rival Hillary Clinton received.

But that outcome masks an uncomfortable reality for Republicans. Texas has become — like many other previously blue and red states — competitive. For example, in the 2018 election, Sen. Ted Cruz won his Senate race with 50.2% of the vote, beating then-Rep. Beto O’Rourke (remember him?) by about 215,000 votes of more than 8 million cast.
The good news for Mr. Trump, and probably the difference in November in Texas, is that Sen. John Cornyn is on the ballot. A winner of five statewide races, including three times for senator, he is a well-known and deservedly well-regarded public servant. Mr. Cornyn currently leads by double digits in most surveys, and it is reasonable to expect that he will win by 7-10 points.
Eventually, however, the Republicans are going to need a long-term answer with respect to Texas.

More at URL above...

I've been stating for quite some time that the data is showing that due to the rapidly changing demographics, TX could turn blue (I've posted that data to support several times).  I would hope that the Trump campaign wouldn't be overly confident in any of the swing states.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 09:34:34 pm »
Blame JFK....LBJ AND OBAMA...OSAMA. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 01:52:30 pm »
Texas has not elected any Democrat to statewide office since 1994.  That is over a generation.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 03:11:55 pm »

I am SPECULATING here,based on tidbits of info learned from so-called "Mexicans" I knew in the army,my neighbors when I lived in a Mexican neighborhood (slum) in Denver,and the various "Mexicans" I have known casually or worked with.

I am GUESSING that the vast majority of Mexicans that moved north to Texas in the last 50  years or so moved north for more job opportunities and a better life for them and their families.

I realize in the last 20-25 years or so the internationalist leftists like Soros and the Catholic Church,USA,have recruited more to move north and the Catholic Church has even made big bucks from teaching "English as a second language",how to apply for jobs,get bank accounts,how to get welfare,free housing,free utilities,free food,free clothing,and every other type of class you can imagine.

Still,there HAS to be a fairly large percentage of the children of those people working their asses off to do better for themselves and their children.

You just don't hear about these people because unlike the radical leftists,they are not holding protest marches and screaming for more "free stuff". They are too busy working and going to school to be able to earn more comfortable lives. It's the radicals who get all the press because those are who the press is promoting,and frankly,because they are the ones making all the noise.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Confession time,here. I have two nephews who are what most people,including one of them,would call "Mexicans".

The older brother is the stereotypical "Cholo" loser. Was in his late 20's when I met him,had never had a job,and "earned" his living by selling drugs,stealing,and impregnating welfare moms so he could have a free place to eat and sleep. The day I met him it was maybe 10 AM,and he was already standing out on the sidewalk,wearing his bandanna,his flannen shirt with only the top button buttoned (so he could easily reach his "gat"),and drinking beer whine whining about how "the white man just won't give the brown man a break!"

I look more like a Mexican than he does. I have the "Indian eyes",and am probably a little darker.

The younger brother actually does look like a Mexican.

Last I heard,he was a brain surgeon working in a California hospital.

They both had the same mother and father. The father was a first-generation American whose family immigrated up from Mexico,and he worked his ass off his whole life and have a VERY successful auto collision repair shop that he started from scrap.

Their mother,my half-sister,was crazier than a crap-house rat. It would almost make your head hurt to talk with her. Her ancestors all originally came from Scotland or Ireland.

One problem,as always, is that those of us who are removed from the "scene" only get to see and hear what the media tells and shows us,and the media is always more interested in sending messages than reporting facts.

Judging by what we see and hear from the media,the radical left is on the march to victory,and taking over everywhere!

It just ain't so. Yeah,they are in control of SF,LA,Portland,Seattle,and a few other large cities,but that does NOT mean they are a majority. There are a HELL of a lot of peo

I am SPECULATING here,based on tidbits of info learned from so-called "Mexicans" I knew in the army,my neighbors when I lived in a Mexican neighborhood (slum) in Denver,and the various "Mexicans" I have known casually or worked with.

I am GUESSING that the vast majority of Mexicans that moved north to Texas in the last 50  years or so moved north for more job opportunities and a better life for them and their families.

I realize in the last 20-25 years or so the internationalist leftists like Soros and the Catholic Church,USA,have recruited more to move north and the Catholic Church has even made big bucks from teaching "English as a second language",how to apply for jobs,get bank accounts,how to get welfare,free housing,free utilities,free food,free clothing,and every other type of class you can imagine.

Still,there HAS to be a fairly large percentage of the children of those people working their asses off to do better for themselves and their children.

You just don't hear about these people because unlike the radical leftists,they are not holding protest marches and screaming for more "free stuff". They are too busy working and going to school to be able to earn more comfortable lives. It's the radicals who get all the press because those are who the press is promoting,and frankly,because they are the ones making all the noise.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Confession time,here. I have two nephews who are what most people,including one of them,would call "Mexicans".

The older brother is the stereotypical "Cholo" loser. Was in his late 20's when I met him,had never had a job,and "earned" his living by selling drugs,stealing,and impregnating welfare moms so he could have a free place to eat and sleep. The day I met him it was maybe 10 AM,and he was already standing out on the sidewalk,wearing his bandanna,his flannel shirt with only the top button buttoned (so he could easily reach his "gat"),and drinking beer while whining about how "the white man just won't give the brown man a break!"

I look more like a Mexican than he does. I have the "Indian eyes",and am probably a little darker.

The younger brother actually does look like a Mexican.

Last I heard,he was a brain surgeon working in a California hospital.

They both had the same mother and father. The father was a first-generation American whose family immigrated up from Mexico,and he worked his ass off his whole life and has a VERY successful auto collision repair shop that he started from scrap.

Their mother,my half-sister,was crazier than a crap-house rat. It would almost make your head hurt to talk with her. Her ancestors all originally came from Scotland or Ireland.

One problem,as always, is that those of us who are removed from the "scene" only get to see and hear what the media tells and shows us,and the media is always more interested in sending messages than reporting facts.

Listen to the media,and "learn" that
the radical left is in charge,and resistance is fruitless because we are outnumbered. Look at the events in places like LA,SF,Portland,Seattle,Minneapolis,NYC,Chicago,etc,etc,etc and see the proof for yourself!

That's just what the left WANTS us to believe so that we don't bother to vote.

Yeah,there are some places where it is a lost cause. Cities like Austin,LA,SF,Portland,Seattle,Detroit,Chicago,
etc,etc,etc.

That does NOT mean those STATES are a lost cause. The rural population outnumbers the urban population in most areas,and all they have to do is step forward and vote.

The thing is that IF we were all to vote,our votes will still outnumber theirs. Even including the dead people and the imaginary people who always vote Dim.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:20:00 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!