Author Topic: Protesters in Rochester NY are "shutting down restaurants  (Read 1808 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Protesters in Rochester NY are "shutting down restaurants
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 11:35:28 pm »
Briefly during dinner hubby had on CBS news - they actually reported this and also violence in Portland.  IF the MSM is starting to report, then things have escalated to where the media and DEMS can no longer claim that they are "peaceful" protests.  Things are critical. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 11:41:10 pm »
@SCOOTERCASTER (FNTV)
@ScooterCasterNY

#HappeningNow the protesters in Rochester NY are "shutting down restaurants", tables are broken, people running off scared #rochesterprotests

Video:

https://twitter.com/ScooterCasterNY/status/1302060108898357257

9:44 PM · Sep 4, 2020·Twitter for Android

This is truly outrageous.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2020, 05:47:59 am »
Black Lives Matter unveils 'white shields' tactic: use white people as meat shields
The Rochester chapter of Black Lives Matter has started to make use of their “white shields”, a human wall of white protestors surrounding the black protestors and serving as human shields, ready to take a bullet for the cause.
James Anthony
 The Post Millennial
September 6, 2020 2:33 PM

The Rochester chapter of Black Lives Matter has started to make use of their “white shields”, a human wall of white protestors surrounding the black protestors and serving as human shields, ready to take a bullet for the cause. ...

On Saturday night, rioters marched on the City Hall in Rochester. As the videos show, they organized in such a fashion that the people with the lightest skin were on the front lines, covering the other rioters on all sides.

It is supposed that the idea behind this is either that the police will be less willing to attack white protestors during a riot, or that white people are more deserving of the full effects of the tear gas and impact weapons used by police once a riot has been declared.

One possibility is that they were inspired by a similar event in Portland several weeks ago, where pregnant mothers-to-be formed a human shield line during nightly protests in that city, dubbing themselves the "Yellow Bloc."  ... Full story and video at the PostMillennial
Be prepared to vote from the rooftops, and have security on the elevators and the stairwells...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2020, 06:12:40 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

I dunno. Depends on who the white people are.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 09:48:49 pm »
"Human Shields":
Right out of the islamic/communist playbook.

You don't want to hear what my next comments would have been...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2020, 09:52:17 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

I dunno. Depends on who the white people are.
i have a pretty good idea who they are likely to be and see the situation as a win win.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2020, 09:52:25 pm »

Yes it's outrageous and Rochester isn't the only place this is happening and what is even more outrageous is it's being allowed to happen.    9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2020, 10:02:44 pm »
Yes it's outrageous and Rochester isn't the only place this is happening and what is even more outrageous is it's being allowed to happen.    9999hair out0000

You should write an angry letter to Andy Cuomo.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2020, 03:52:49 pm »
i have a pretty good idea who they are likely to be and see the situation as a win win.

@skeeter

Me,too.

Does that make me bad?

Don't care.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2020, 03:54:52 pm »
You should write an angry letter to Andy Cuomo.

@libertybele   @Right_in_Virginia

:yowsa: :yowsa:

BTW,WTH do those big "thumbs up" icons come from?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2020, 03:57:23 pm »

Click on the [ more] at the bottom left of the pile of emojis to see even more of the little critters, scroll down for the thumbs.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2020, 03:58:41 pm »
@skeeter

Me,too.

Does that make me bad?

Nope. Makes you well adjusted.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2020, 04:17:06 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Click on the [ more] at the bottom left of the pile of emojis to see even more of the little critters, scroll down for the thumbs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2020, 04:19:38 pm »
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@Smokin Joe

Ok,I obviously found them. Now I have to  try to figure out how to take them and make one of them follow me back "home" to the posting page.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2020, 04:31:07 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Ok,I obviously found them. Now I have to  try to figure out how to take them and make one of them follow me back "home" to the posting page.
wherever you left the blinking bar on the posting page is where the emoji will be inserted.

On a new reply, that means clicking after the [ /quote] on the posting page before you click on the { more] and the emoji (whichever one you choose).

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2020, 04:34:09 pm »
wherever you left the blinking bar on the posting page is where the emoji will be inserted.

On a new reply, that means clicking after the [ /quote] on the posting page before you click on the { more] and the emoji (whichever one you choose).

@Smokin Joe

Ok,thanks. I'll try to remember that. :rolling:

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2020, 05:42:21 pm »

First, click "reply" or "quote".... Then click on [more] under the icons on the page (it's to the left under  ****slapping  )

Then scroll down just a little and click on  :thumbsup:  (You'll find lots of additional icons you can use just by clicking on it  happy77@sneakypete

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:44:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2020, 05:45:19 pm »
First, click "reply" or "quote".... Then click on [more] under the icons on the page (it's to the left under  ****slapping  )

Then scroll down just a little and click on  :thumbsup:  (You'll find lots of additional icons you can use just by clicking on it  happy77@sneakypete

My fave:   :MiniGun:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2020, 05:50:00 pm »
Article brings up this question:

Does anybody else think it ill-advised to eat out anywhere?  All it takes is one cook or server amenable to Antifa or BLM to "add' to your order out of spite for the color of your skin.  Don't think there are not those sympathizers working in restaurants who are not part of the riot crowd and willing to do their part to condemn 'whitey'.

At most, a takeout order called in where you are not identified seems less risky to me, doesn't it?

The best is really to just buy at supermarket and eat at home what you cook, which is what we have done almost exclusively since this rioting started.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2020, 07:45:25 pm »
Even while sitting at a restaurant, I generally have some "defensive" capability in my purse. Not sure whether NY has reciprocity with my state with regard to my concealed carry permit, though.  We were in Rochester a few years ago, and I honestly can't remember whether I took my little friend with me on that trip.  :pondering:
@mountaineer

A number of years ago, I had a man friend who was a former sheriff's deputy.  When we went to eat at restaurants, he would require the waiter/waitress to seat us against the wall and not far from the front door.  He wanted to have all the people within his eye-range and able to get to an exit quick.  He also scoped out the back of the restaurant for exists there.

My son has a retired detective friend in Florida, and that detective does the same thing.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2020, 07:56:23 pm »
BLM Thugs Terrorize Diners, Climb Onto Roof of Private Residences
By Staff -
September 5, 2020
@mountaineer

I have the answer for you about people going onto your roof.  I will never forget Joe Biden's answer to bad guys being at your house.

Joe said he told his wife, if there are bad guys at the house, go upstairs, go out on the balcony up there with the shotgun.  Shoot it twice and the bad guys will leave. 

See, if the bad guys are on the roof, she only has to go out on the balcony and shoot the shotgun twice and the bad guys will leave the roof.  Thank you, Joe for telling us what to do.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2020, 08:03:17 pm »
A number of years ago, I had a man friend who was a former sheriff's deputy.  When we went to eat at restaurants, he would require the waiter/waitress to seat us against the wall and not far from the front door.  He wanted to have all the people within his eye-range and able to get to an exit quick.  He also scoped out the back of the restaurant for exists there.
Always good advice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2020, 08:05:40 pm »
Rochester's Police Chief and his top commanders all resigned and retired today.  Looks like the protesters will have free reign.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2020, 10:37:42 pm »
Rochester's Police Chief and his top commanders all resigned and retired today.  Looks like the protesters will have free reign.
I wonder if they were squeezed out or decided they could just not stand it anymore.

In any case, Antifa has found a new home for its escapades.

Let's see how the citizens there now react when intimidated.

"Free Reign" cuts both ways.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 10:41:23 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2020, 11:20:22 pm »
The best is really to just buy at supermarket and eat at home what you cook, which is what we have done almost exclusively since this rioting started.

It's what I do anyway. I don't think I have sat down in a restaurant in a year or more... And I don't do much delivery either... I still have every pizza box I ever ordered since I been here (2012) because I just ain't got enough cardboard yet to make a run. All of it is out in the shed, all broke down and stacked.

Pizza boxes alone, broke down and folded over can still be picked up with one hand by the 'binding'. I ought to count them some time. But it sure ain't a lot for being stretched across eight years.