Author Topic: LA Next? Police Shooting Prompts BLM Demonstrations In Los Angeles  (Read 465 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

LA Next? Police Shooting Prompts BLM Demonstrations In Los Angeles
« on: September 01, 2020, 05:02:45 pm »
LA Next? Police Shooting Prompts BLM Demonstrations In Los Angeles

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/09/01/la-next-police-shooting-prompts-blm-demonstrations-los-angeles/

A fatal police shooting in Los Angeles yesterday could touch off a new round of protests and riots in a summer-long national urban meltdown. A vehicle-code stop on a bicycle escalated quickly into an assault on officers, resulting in the shooting death of Dijon Kizzee in south LA. ...

Cell phone video captured the man running from deputies moments before he was fatally shot. Witnesses could be heard in that video yelling out at the deputies involved. One woman, who didn’t want to be identified, said she knew the man and saw the whole thing.

“He had a towel and he had his clothes and his pants couldn’t even stay up, so that’s what made him slow down so they had enough to get him,” she said. “They didn’t have to shoot him more than 5 times, they could have shot him one time in the leg.

... The “shoot them in the leg” idea is about as idiotic as it gets. Police aim for center mass because (a) they’re only supposed to shoot to stop a threat to the lives of officers and others, and (b) it’s the best practice to keep a bullet from hitting someone else other than the target. Besides, a leg shooting can be just as fatal to a human being ... . Penetrate the femoral artery and a person can bleed out within a couple of minutes.

How did a vehicle-code stop on a bicycle turn into a fatal police shooting? The LA Sheriff’s Department told the media that the suspect initiated a physical confrontation, and then dropped a gun during the melee:

“Our suspect was holding some items of clothing in his hands, punched one of the officers in the face and then dropped the items in his hands,” Lt. Brandon Dean said. “The deputies noticed that inside the clothing items that he dropped was a black semiautomatic handgun, at which time a deputy-involved shooting occurred.”

Investigators said a handgun was recovered at the scene.

Re the title question, the Land of LA has been under Dem rule for decades.

I'm probably not the first to post this observation, but the BLMers and other thugs have moved from challenging and rioting over questionable and legally wrong police shootings to challenging and rioting over legally correct, proper, best option police shootings. The BLMers and other thugs are not working for anything remotely resembling justice.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

Re: LA Next? Police Shooting Prompts BLM Demonstrations In Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 12:42:34 pm »
it stopped being about Justice the second they resorted to violent criminal activity. When you stop protesting and begin to engage in arson, looting, and assault, you become a criminal. arrest them and lock them up
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 01:30:57 pm »
LA burning?  Couldn't happen to a nicer place..... happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 08:42:15 pm »
If he dropped the gun, why shoot him? It may have been (technically) a 'bad shoot'.

But once again, rioting, burning businesses, and stealing other people's stuff won't make that right (if that is the case).

It just creates a new and larger class of victims, and no sympathy for the rioters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dancer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 10:17:31 am »
If he dropped the gun, why shoot him? It may have been (technically) a 'bad shoot'.

But once again, rioting, burning businesses, and stealing other people's stuff won't make that right (if that is the case).

It just creates a new and larger class of victims, and no sympathy for the rioters.
I can't blame the police.  So many of them have been murdered in cold blood since this siege began. 

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 12:01:40 pm »

What was he doing after he dropped it? Is there evidence that he was either running away, or trying come back and get it?
I am asking because i do not know.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 06:28:34 pm »
What was he doing after he dropped it? Is there evidence that he was either running away, or trying come back and get it?
I am asking because i do not know.
AFAIK, he was running, but I can't seem to find the video of the shooting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis