Author Topic: Oprah: America Cannot Move Forward Until ‘Racial Injustice’ and ‘Betrayal’ of Blacks Is Acknowledged  (Read 743 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Robert Kraychik 31 Aug 2020

America cannot achieve “restoration” unless the nation acknowledges “racial injustice” and a “betrayal” of black Americans, said billionaire media mogul Oprah Winfrey in the most recent episode of her eponymous Apple TV series, The Oprah Winfrey Conversation.

The episode featured Winfrey’s interview Bryan Stevenson, a graduate of Harvard Law School and founder of the Equal Justice Initiative, an organization with a focus on “racial justice.” Stevenson repeatedly described America as a nation plagued by an “ideology of white supremacy.”

Winfrey said:

My experience over the years interviewing so many hundreds of people over all kinds of dysfunctional circumstances and experiences, what I learned from that is that nobody gets to move forward — if your husband betrayed you, if your sister-in-law betrayed you, if your mother [or] your father betrayed [you] — nobody can move forward in their own personal [lives] … nobody can move forward until there is some acknowledgement, some spoken, a claim to the fact that, “I did that, and I am sorry.”

So, I mean, what is true in the micro is obviously true in the macro, and I’m wondering how do you think that acknowledgement of what has been done in this country in terms of racial injustice — beginning with slavery — how should that be acknowledged? Is it reparations? What is it? How does it show itself?

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/08/31/oprah-america-cannot-move-forward-until-racial-injustice-and-betrayal-of-blacks-is-acknowledged/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Seems to me pre-Obama that things were much much better than they are now.  He increased racism like no other president and continues to promote from behind the mayhem that we're seeing.

Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"...nobody can move forward in their own personal [lives],..."
Neither could the approximately 400,000 Union dead you stupid witch.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online libertybele

:amen:
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

Offline Practical

Very well then. 'I acknowledge it!' Let's move on!
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com

Offline aligncare

She needs to address her comments specifically to democrats, beginning with LBJ.

Republicans delivered for blacks, beginning with Lincoln.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Seems to me pre-Obama that things were much much better than they are now.  He increased racism like no other president and continues to promote from behind the mayhem that we're seeing.

Voting for him was supposed to end the era of racism, instead O'Bama didn't want that to happen and he made it worse..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Voting for him was supposed to end the era of racism, instead O'Bama didn't want that to happen and he made it worse..

Exactly.  Between him and Holder they escalated racial tension that I'd never seen in this country since the Detroit riots (I was just a kid).

Online mountaineer

I thought at the time that racial antagonism was at an all-time low. Then Obammy took office.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

I thought at the time that racial antagonism was at an all-time low. Then Obammy took office.  **nononono*

Agreed. I think that's how many see things.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline cato potatoe

America will not "move forward" after reparations.  The whole motivation behind complaining is to get paid.  Oprah has enough money to buy every ham hock on the planet ... it hasn't changed her attitude one bit.

Offline dfwgator

Said the Billionaire with the big case of "Successful Black Guilt".

Offline PeteS in CA

:sarc: Yeah! But for that '“racial injustice” and a “betrayal” of black Americans', Oprah would be a billionaire!!! :sarc:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

he is as much a race hustler as Sharpton and Jackson
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
he is as much a race hustler as Sharpton and Jackson

At least The hustler from Chicago want to cut the zebra's nuts off.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Absalom

Those that are essentially w/o ideas, speak accordingly.
Consider continental Africa and Europe, a moment.
From its earliest days Africa embraced the concept of group thinking (tribalism),
as a norm of social organization that would maximize the well-being of their societies.
In contrast, Mid-East cultures began to slowly recognize the idea that individualism
was a powerful catalyst in the development of their cultures/societies.
Over thousands of years this idea permeated Europe, most prominently in Greece and Rome.
The USA was colonized and later developed by Europeans while Africans, brought here
as slaves, were later emancipated. So which has had the greater impact on our development?
The so called 'ideas' of the likes of Winfrey reflects their group think collectivism, making them
easy marks for the ideology of Marxism.
That way of thinking was put in place, eons ago, by their acceptance/embrace of the tribal mind-set.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:21:41 am by Absalom »

Offline LegalAmerican

Correct.  I wish I was so oppressed at this BILLIONAIRE BLACK WOMAN..... who made her money off of white women. 

This has nothing to do with the rest of society.  just shows, most blacks are unhappy they are born black, and want to "blame white people,"  who had no choice who they were born to either!   

Offline LegalAmerican

America will not "move forward" after reparations.  The whole motivation behind complaining is to get paid.  Oprah has enough money to buy every ham hock on the planet ... it hasn't changed her attitude one bit.

Bingo!  NOTHING GIVEN, is ever enough.  The LEFT is never happy.  That is the issue.  Does not matter how much is given.  EVER.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Oprah: America Cannot Move Forward Until ‘Racial Injustice’ and ‘Betrayal’ of Blacks Is Acknowledged"

Then... it is NEVER going to "move forward".
Because... it never really did so in the first place.

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Blacks, as a racial group, are NEVER going to believe or accept that "racial injustice" has been eradicated, because -- as a group -- they are NEVER going to achieve at the same level as do whites or Asians. It's called "the Bell Curve", and everyone reading this post knows what that's about.

As such, blacks (again, as a group) are going to view this inability to reach a level of parity with whites and Asians as "betrayal" by us.

Because, "we" were supposed to fix this for them.
And because we didn't -- in reality, because WE CAN'T -- we are "racists" for our inability and refusal to give blacks what they demand. A "demand" that has more to do with something called IQ than it does with anything else that exists in the world.

Wouldn't things be great if we could change this...?
Wouldn't they...?

Offline LegalAmerican

"Oprah: America Cannot Move Forward Until ‘Racial Injustice’ and ‘Betrayal’ of Blacks Is Acknowledged"

Fishrrman's credo:

Blacks, as a racial group, are NEVER going to believe or accept that "racial injustice" has been eradicated, because -- as a group -- they are NEVER going to achieve at the same level as do whites or Asians. It's called "the Bell Curve", and everyone reading this post knows what that's about.

As such, blacks (again, as a group) are going to view this inability to reach a level of parity with whites and Asians as "betrayal" by us.

And because we didn't -- in reality, because WE CAN'T -- we are "racists" for our inability and refusal to give blacks what they demand. A "demand" that has more to do with something called IQ than it does with anything else that exists in the world.

Wouldn't things be great if we could change this...?
Wouldn't they...?

:thumbsup:

Offline Absalom

Fishrrman's credo:
Wouldn't things be great if we could change this...? Wouldn't they...?
[/quote]\
---------------------------
Your conclusion is correct.
The racial classifications of white, yellow and black, measured each group by the same standard.
Blacks were at the bottom because of choices made many tens of thousands of years in their past,
which they continue to embrace at this very moment and this effect keeps them at the bottom.

Offline goatprairie

You would think someone like Winfrey, a black person who has accumulated three billion dollars in a horribly, racist, white supremacist system  :whistle:, would have  a little self-awareness and be grateful to be living in  America.
But no, she thinks this is about the worst country in the world.
Which just proves people can be stupid and scoundrels and still get filthy rich.

Offline Hoodat

America cannot achieve “restoration” unless the nation acknowledges “racial injustice” and a “betrayal” of black Americans

I believe that was acknowledged over a century and a half ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

You would think someone like Winfrey, a black person who has accumulated three billion dollars in a horribly, racist, white supremacist system  :whistle:, would have  a little self-awareness and be grateful to be living in  America.
But no, she thinks this is about the worst country in the world.
Which just proves people can be stupid and scoundrels and still get filthy rich.

I don't believe Oprah is the best spokesperson for this matter. :rolling: