Author Topic: Notre Dame President Apologizes for Lou Holtz, Embarrasses University  (Read 227 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   Notre Dame President Apologizes for Lou Holtz, Embarrasses University

Fr. Jenkins thinks his position as Notre Dame’s president means people are dying to hear from him. Truthfully, we aren’t. Not if he’s going to sound like an excuse-making infanticide cheerleader.
By Deion A. Kathawa • August 30, 2020

University of Notre Dame President Fr. John I. Jenkins once again has revealed his moral obtuseness. I’m no stranger to criticizing Notre Dame’s “leader,” and, frankly, it should be done by others much more frequently than it has been. Evidently, harsh feedback is the only way faithful, orthodox Catholics can communicate to him that they detest his mealy-mouthed spinelessness.

During the third day of the Republican National Convention last week, legendary Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz blasted Joe Biden, the Democratic Party’s nominee for president, as a “Catholic in name only” because of his (and vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris’) truly radical support for abortion. They “abandon innocent lives,” Holtz said.

This is straightforward and true. For Catholics, abortion is a grave, mortal sin against innocent, defenseless human life. And the Biden-Harris ticket, not to mention the Democratic Party more generally, backs taxpayer-funded “legal abortion on demand, past fetal viability, until the moment of birth, with no restrictions, and to the exclusion of any pro-life laws in a single state.”

Biden, a baptized Catholic, is what we would charitably call a “cafeteria Catholic”—one who picks and chooses from a “menu” of dogmas, doctrines, and teachings of the Church what he will believe, based on convenience and what aligns with his own (poorly formed) “conscience.”

Naturally, Fr. Jenkins—slick, Oxford-educated “philosopher” that he is—decided the world needed even more of his banal, heterodox, totally-bereft-of-common-sense platitudes; so, he opened his mouth, confirming for everyone that he is a fool:

While Coach Lou Holtz is a former coach at Notre Dame, his use of the University’s name at the Republican National Convention must not be taken to imply that the University endorses his views, any candidate or any political party. Moreover, we Catholics should remind ourselves that while we may judge the objective moral quality of another’s actions, we must never question the sincerity of another’s faith, which is due to the mysterious working of grace in that person’s heart. In this fractious time, let us remember that our highest calling is to love.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/08/30/notre-dame-president-apologizes-for-lou-holtz-embarrasses-university/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Notre Putain

Online mountaineer

I've always disliked the University of Notre Dame. A couple of years ago, I heard Lou Holtz (who was born near where I currently live and came back when he was being honored by that town) speak. What a great guy. He generally gives a form of his "silver spoon" motivational speech.
...   But I have been blessed.   I have been blessed because I was raised in  a  Christian  home.   

I  was  raised  that  you  believe  in  God  and  you  go  to church,  and  there  wasn’t  any  alternative.     See,  whatever  we  believe politically,   economically,   socially,   and   religiously,   is   what   our   parents believe.   And then you go to college or you go away and you leave home. You  gotta  make  those  decisions  all  over  again.    And  that’s  why  it’s  who you’re going to associate with is so very important to you.   See, I’ve been blessed.    I  was  born  with  a  silver  spoon  in  my  mouth.    I  understand  that.  See, I was born in the Depression.   My father had gone to the third grade.  That was all the education he had.   I was born in a cellar by Dr. McGraw, not  in  a  hospital.    We  had  one  bedroom  for  my  sister,  my  self,  and  my parents.  No closet.  We had a kitchen and a half bath, and in the half bath there  was  not  a  sink,  a  tub,  or  a  shower.    There  was  no  welfare,  no  food stamps,  no  safety  net,  but  I  was  born  with  a  silver  spoon  in  my  mouth because of what I was taught.

First of all, I was taught that I was born in this  country,  and  how  blessed  I  am,  and  anything  can  happen  if  you’re willing  to  get  an  education  and  persevere  and  overcome  problems  and understand  you’re  going  to  have  difficulties  and  obstacles,  and  above  all you get an education and believe in God, and in Jesus Christ and believe you’re  not  alone,  and  no  matter  what  happens,  somebody’s  going  to  be with  you.    That’s  why  I  was  born  with  a  silver  spoon  in  my  mouth,  not because of what I had, but because of what I was taught.  ...
Read entire thing
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

The wrong Notre Dame burned.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Must be butt buddies with Butt-edge-edge.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Must be butt buddies with Butt-edge-edge.

Probably "groomed" him....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

After the way ND treated Pro-Life people back during the Obama Administration this doesn't surprise me. 15 or 20 years ago some very observant Catholic homeschooling acquaintances told me that very few Catholic universities are very faithful to Catholic teaching. They mentioned one, and it wasn't ND (I think it was St. Francis University).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Notre Dame President Apologizes for Lou Holtz, Embarrasses University
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 01:58:00 pm »
Probably "groomed" him....
Which of these are used in 'grooming'?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington