Author Topic: I Think I'm a Coward  (Read 79 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I Think I'm a Coward
« on: August 30, 2020, 02:19:16 pm »
August 30, 2020
I Think I'm a Coward
By Doug Lucas

I've come to realize I'm either a coward or just a lazy, ungrateful, undeserving old white male.  Is free speech dead?  Not for everyone, but it may be for me.  The only thing we're really guaranteed about free speech under the First Amendment is that the government won't come after us for speaking our mind, within reason.  No shouting fire in a theater, etc.  We are not guaranteed that there won't be recriminations from others for our speech, though — job loss, loss of business, reputation, privacy, friends, family, even life in some extremes.  The question is, am I willing to pay the price now demanded for fully exercising my rights?  I should be, but I find I'm not.

Sadly, I have come to the realization that I am not of hardy patriot stock, for I am not willing to risk it all.  I find myself constantly self-regulating my God-given rights, AKA biting my tongue, in an effort not to lose one or all the positives in life.  I keep telling like-minded compatriots that people need to push back, take a stand, tell it like it is, all the while looking over my shoulder to make sure none of the Hitler youth has snuck up on me.  They seem to be omnipresent.  I shouldn't fear them, but I do.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/08/i_think_im_a_coward.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34